Fasting orange demon

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well it's been two weeks since our P. murinus has eaten.
She Kills everything that drops in her tank but doesn't eat.
Her adomin shows not a single spot of balding or discoloring and she remains active but is getting noticably Thinner.
She Has done some webbing and here are the pictures so far.

--

Keoche's construction.
It looks almost translucent in the picture but without the flash and under normal light it looks milky and thick and covers a third of her substrat and extends and wallpapers her hide.

Attachments

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Nixy, as an old world species she wouldn't be showing any balding since she doesn't have an urticating bristles to kick off. My little P. murinus showed no discoloration (that I could see) when she molted. I just looked at her one morning and she had molted. She didn't even fast, so I was quite surprised.

I'm currently waiting for my L. parahybana and C. cyaneopubescens to molt.

Leanne

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Usumbara molted a few weeks ago and it didnt fast at all. THe molt was completely unexpected and usually it is pretty predictable because it fasts for two weeks. I came from a concert with some friends to show them my spiders and they got a bonus of seeing a spider finish off a molt.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm a worry wort grandommmy. LOL

And it drive me nuts when you don't know whats up Completly.

I hope it's a molt and not something more serious.
They should hold up a sign that says.

"Do Not Panic! I am in molt preparation. Molting in progress! Molting in Progress!"

Just so we don't have to worry.

Though I think they have secret comunication devices that they keep in contact with.
I can almost see keoche lounging back while I'm asleep calling up her friends.

"Hey Snork. Yeah it's me Keoche. I'm fine thanks. I'm gearing up to freak and panic my stupid human adult. Oh, sure I'll send pictures. I have her sweating now. I think I'll flip over and back a few times just to keep her on the edge. Yeah. Say hiya to Mork for me and kiss the s'lings goodnight. Bye...(Click)...."

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
"Hey Snork. Yeah it's me Keoche. I'm fine thanks. I'm gearing up to freak and panic my stupid human adult. Oh, sure I'll send pictures. I have her sweating now. I think I'll flip over and back a few times just to keep her on the edge. Yeah. Say hiya to Mork for me and kiss the s'lings goodnight. Bye...(Click)...."
Oh Nixy you're so funny! I'm now picturing my L. parahybana and GBB communicating...."So....how long do you think we can drag this out and keep this woman ragged?......"

Leanne

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by LPacker79
Oh Nixy you're so funny! I'm now picturing my L. parahybana and GBB communicating...."So....how long do you think we can drag this out and keep this woman ragged?......"

Leanne
It's a T plot! I know it!
See I think I got a snippit of one of their comunications one night when a signal from a martion satalight hidden in orbit bounced off my nipple rings and zapped through the radio...

;P =D ;P =D ;P

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My usambara will eat heavily for a month, then only eat 1 cricket a month for three months or more, then she will start eating more frequently again, and repeat this cycle.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Usambara's are twisted demonic little mean speed demons....

And strange...

Gotta love them :D

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
my pterror just digs. i never see her. however, i like the whole stick-in-the-tank idea. maybe after i ruin this burrow, i'll add a stick, just too see if she webs as openly as your does!

but she's got repti-bark in her tank. it's easy for her to maneuver, hence the burrowing.

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine has been fasting for about 2 months now... maybe drop some water down its web so it can get a nice secure drink?

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
dropping water into it's web is a very good idea--i did that just the other day and i watched my pterror drinki it all up. i don't recommend doing it everyday since they thrive in the dryness, but once a week or so is a good idea.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my L. parahybana needs a sign.

I put a cricket in with it, I returned to find what I thought was a typical cricket suicide...drowned in the waterdish. So, I threw a mealworm in there. Returned to find it drowned also. For good measure this morning, I just put in a wax worm ..I dont know yet if it is going to be found drowned. If so, I wish my T could just hang up a sign that says "Not hungry.Not sick, don't worry." Or how about one that says "HUNGRY again" so that I will know when to try.
He molted on the first of this month, so I know there isnt an impending molt. Perhaps it has been communicating with Nixys Ts...*time to freak out mom again* *okay I hear you loud and clear*
On the other hand...my lil chaco has sealed itsself up in its burrow.No opening. I cant see in...I sure hope it does okay with its molt. It will be its first one since leaving an incubator.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your Usambara looks to be a moult or two behind my own gangly hellspawn.
He/She/It fasted for a month before the moult - note the slightly darker abdomen in this pre-moult shot.

Since moulting on February 26th, Mugabe has taken 5 crickets in total.
The abdomen is still noticably smaller than it was.

I took this today so you can see a colour comparison

Both pictures were taken in the same conditions, so you can see the difference in colour very clearly. :)

When mine moulted it built a ground floor extension of it's tree web and lined it heavily with silk before sealing itself in.

I'm sure Keoche will be fine. :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone.

She Does drink and has clear access to her water.

She's Very open and busy and not the least bit secretive.

I braved getting the cricket remains out today and she fangulated at me as usual.

I guess it's just a wait and see game. :)

Nice pictures Lopez thank you. Her rear is still fuzzy bright.
--
rapunzel.

I think I'm going to make little signs, put them in and see if she uses them..
Still searching for the cominication lines though....

=D