Fastest thing ever...

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
First of all, excuse my bad english, I'm from Sweden you see...

It's like this, I have three Tapinauchenius gigas, they are all about 2,5-3". Today it was time for them to move to larger containers. I've feared this day since the day I bought them. At that time they were only 0,5" and I had major problems transfering them into their containers. They were EVERY. On my kitchen floor, on my walls and in my bathroom. They are the fastest thing ever! Pokies are like snails compered to my three T gigas, and Pokies are FAST.

One of them did a good job and moved calmly into it's new container. The other two were everything but calm. Fast like lightning they ran around in my "animal room", striking at everything that came near them. One hour later they are all settled.

I love these Tarantulas! They are really cool and VERY beautiful! They eat anything that moves. At 1,5" they ate large crickets. Fastgrowing as well.

I'll try to get som more Tapinauchenius species in the near future.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hahaha, jo har hört att de är snabba som bara den. Inte aggressiva alls?

Just a comment and a question, if anyone feels annoyed. You can easily translate the important part of the question, if you wish.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Jo de är ganska aggresiva, eller snarare - det tror att allt är mat.

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I challenge you........

I will race your T against mine , for the title of fastest T, .... my P.Cambridgei is ready for the challenge. Maybe we can have it on pay per view , or something!:D

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Mature Male Haplopelmas are quite the force to be reckoned with :) Fastest thing I've seen so far.

Bill

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Fastest

On four legs... its the cheetah (70 mph)

On two legs...its the ostrich. (40 mph)

On two wings...its the peregrine falcon. (90 meters/second)

On eight legs...the jury is out!

My guess is a species of pokie.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My vote would also be for the P. cambridgei :) (and I own 6 pokies)
Not only are they fast, but they seem to be able to run non stop. It's the only T of mine that has actually made it up my arm, down my shirt, and around my neck before I could even blink.
But, I have yet to see a Tapinauchenius sp. in action.

Jim B.