Faster than Fangs!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi people ^_^

OK question should i take off all the crickets back legs when giving them to my baby?

Cause i chucked one in yesterday and he was really fast and hyper and she just couldnt catch him lol he was jumping around like a hyper jumping thingie magig!(hes still in there :? )

anyway does it help if i have to take off the legs?

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep, that's what I do too. And I give the legs to my very small sling...

Dennis

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think you'd spoil Nova that way. There's no Fairy choping off cricket legs in the wild.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
I think you'd spoil Nova that way. There's no Fairy choping off cricket legs in the wild.
lol she had no problem catching the others but this one is prooving troublesome. But im afraid it might stress her out if i leave it in there any longer?

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm I try to keep my feeders as humanley as possible... apart from feeding the odd escapee to my cats anyway.

If the cricket dies and has no legs bacteria will be straight into the open wounds

so I'd say no... A.genic shouldn't have problems with catching food.. if so, try pinkies or mealworms

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
hmmm I try to keep my feeders as humanley as possible... apart from feeding the odd escapee to my cats anyway.

If the cricket dies and has no legs bacteria will be straight into the open wounds

so I'd say no... A.genic shouldn't have problems with catching food.. if so, try pinkies or mealworms
ok thanks shes been really aggresive with the others its just this one is smarter then the average crix =D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How big is your baby? I used to be inclined to pop the legs and head off for my really small ones as a safety precaution. I have read many incidents where s'lings have been killed by overzellous crickets. I may have even lost one to that circumstance. However, now, I just get pinhead or very small crickets and freeze them. All of my s'lings take dead crickets.

Jon

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
How big is your baby? I used to be inclined to pop the legs and head off for my really small ones as a safety precaution. I have read many incidents where s'lings have been killed by overzellous crickets. I may have even lost one to that circumstance. However, now, I just get pinhead or very small crickets and freeze them. All of my s'lings take dead crickets.

Jon
nah i never give her anything bigger then her. Shes about 2.5 inchs she can usually take them down with ease but this one troublesome lol maybe shes getting too fat and its slowing her down :}

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, in that case, I would be inclined to not feed her at all. Let it work off some of those extra calories. Also, it could be approaching a molt. Or is this the smithi that you said just molted?.

Well, I have a geniculata that was so fat 2 molts ago, that it didn't eat hardly anything between that and its last molt.

Jon

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Well, in that case, I would be inclined to not feed her at all. Let it work off some of those extra calories. Also, it could be approaching a molt. Or is this the smithi that you said just molted?.

Well, I have a geniculata that was so fat 2 molts ago, that it didn't eat hardly anything between that and its last molt.

Jon
yea she shed almost two weeks ago, but i know she was trying to eat it cause she leaped for it a few times lol then went searching was hilarious to watch =D actually there no sign of it now i think its being eaten :}