FAQ about spiders

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all

I'm after compiling a list of some Frequently Asked Spider questions to put on the website which I'm making, only my mind has gone blank after about five

I've made some based on Q's of seen asked or been asked, though my mind went blank and i want to put as many as possible on it. I'm after some of your ideas on what FAQ's to put on it, these are some examples of what I've already got: (i won't include the answers as they arnt really necassary on here) some are more 'newby' than others

I'm interested in starting to collect spiders, but my mum says they kill people, is this true?

Do spiders have bones?

Ok, if they have no bones, how do they grow?

Can spiders hear?

How do they eat?

How do they move with no bones?

they are a few examples, though I'm after a lot more; both questions that new people frequently ask, aswell as more 'advanced' questions

cheers, most appreciated. If you want credit for your help it'll be given

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
how poisenus are they?

Can i pick them up?

can i have more then one in one tank?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd make sectioned FAQ's.
Beginers and advanced areas of each.
Maybe split the questions up into various subFAQ's.
IE.
General anatomy.
Questions pertaining to growth, development and sensory information,,and ,,, things pertaining to anatomy. ' Do Tarantulas have bones?' .. ' Do spiders hear?' Ect.

Temperment and habit.
'Why does my cute little orange spider want to kill me?' ..' My mom says spiders are posionous monsters and will stalk and kill em while I sleep, is this true?'.. ' Why is my "tree" spider digging a hole to live in?'.Ect.

Habitat-envonroment.
'why is my tarantula curled up dead on the 100 degree sand I put in for her?' .. ' Do spiders like fish tank gravel?' Ect.

Have a starter FAQ and an advanced FAQ.
And section them to make the information easier to find.
So one doesn't have to read ten questions pertaining to habitat to know what the spider likes to drink and so the advanced keeper doesn't have to look through newbe questions and the newbe doesn't get Erked out by advanced information.

Hope this was a help.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cheers!

Some great ideas there! I hadn't actually though of dividing them up, but yeah it would be a whole lot easier

I'm going to put a 'search this page for keywords' on the page aswell. Oh and a 'send in your questions' to stick on

anyone with any more good FAQ's to put on?

thanks!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
SOME QUESTIONS I HAVE GOTTEN FROM KIDS:

How do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

What/how much do they eat?

I heard about a guy/girl that got killed from a tarantula bite... what kind could do that? (NONE!!!!)

Can they make noise?

How old do they get?

Why do they look like they have 10 legs when spiders are supposed to have 8 legs?

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i saw this one in somebody elses faq, and it gave me a good laugh. cant remember whose it was, but here it is: " something really gross just crawled out of my tarantula and i think its dead. what is it?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
"I heard they need a sponge to drink from. Is this true?"

"My spider wiggled its butt and a cloud of dust came up. Now I itch. Did it curse me, or something?"

"How big a cage do they need?"

"Why shouldn't I put my Rose Hair in a 10 gallon aquarium?"

"I was holding my spider and it jumped. I heard a loud crack when it hit the ground. Will it be okay?"

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are "daddy longlegs" deadly ?

How big do tarantulas get?

Can you hold them (tarantulas)?

Can spiders taste or smell?