Factor one,,, female B. emilia.......

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Factor two..... Male B. emilia....

Factor three.... Human stupidity.......

So, was feeding up the critters this morn.

The male B.emilia was eating pretty good so I decided to give him another cricket.

I get cricket.
Cricket gets away.

So I drop down to get cricket before cricket does a vanishing act...

Stand up to realize that in my Uttter Moronic stupidity I had left Zevo's lid open..

Factor two has gone AWOL...... :?

I feel So Horrible.

Eden is going to be crushed when she comes home and I have been searching Everywhere since he escaped ealier thinking I could find him before he got too far.

It's been three hours...

No Zevo....

I am in a definate hate myself mood right now..

Ok... just figured I'd bitch about my idiocy...

:(

Gods I am Such a dumbass...

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:( still waiting for the day i forget something n the little makes a break for it. i guess it,ll make for the most comfortable T hiding place it can , wheres its dark n near heat. well it would here cos its still winter time n still cold. dunno what its like there:confused:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's just it.
He wasn't a little one.
he's a full grown mature male.

How dumb am I to be able to Lose an adult male B. emilia in a matter of a minute or two?

My whole House is a havent of hiding spots.

Add in four cats....

I hope I find him before one of the cats do...

Ok,, time to turn the couch over.. I've ransacked everything else...

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i guess if you cant find him sooner or later he,l turn up after the female. you said he was expressing an interest before in a post?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, he isn't under or In the couch.

And yeah he's expressed an insterest in her. A good one.
But then he was expressing an interest towards a barbie doll too...

Oddly enough my husband is in good humar about it and is keeping his eyes open.

He will either turn up or not I guess.

I'm thinking of sitting the females tank on the floor..

I know it's stupid but maybe he'll notice and come out to flirt with her.

I just Fell So Awful.
And when Eden comes home I have to tell her mommy lost her Zevo...

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) i guess you could make a game out of it to stop them being upset. tell the little darlings that he is in the house somewhere n can they find him within certain parameters of course. then again im not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment so me dumb:p

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL.
I lost several cylinders years ago so your not alone.

I stopped looking.
I'm going to have lunch and when my little ones come home I'm just going to tell them the truth like I always do.

Ya never know.
They just might find him.

Knowing my luck he will turn up in my teenage daughters bed.
At which point she will turn into sylvester and we will have to pry her off the ceiling....

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol, well good luck anyway :)
I was of course loling at that last comment.

People do make slips, we are approximate beings. You aren't dumb, just human. Even if feeding exactly like that and opening and closing the lid just like that were routine and almost unconscious, at least I am always surprises at both how strongly such routines can guide you when you aren't thinking, and how they can totally abandon you the next time :)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you gather up the cats so they don't pose a risk until you find him? Maybe try taking a step back and looking over a large general area for motion. Just sit still and since its a male and mature he will will come out of his hiding spot to explore once the surroundings have settled down and then you can get an eye on him. Good luck.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i remember once when i was a kid , i was going bed n pulled back the covers n there was this big(well itseemed big at the time) spider sitting there n it ran towards me:eek: i dived out of bed n screamed like a girl:8o no offense by the way:D

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vys
Thank you. I Always closse the lids with my back turned. Always.
I Don't know why I didn't today.

And Yes...

My daughter won't be saying "Thufferin thuckitath." She will be saying "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!"

Probably as several decimals over the range of human hearing...

I'm trying to keep my humar in this and Hope he turns up.

--

Buspirone I put my cats in the bathroom for a while.

Watch my luck be that he went there first....

But they won't tolerate being locked in for long.

I find myself scanning around constantly.

The twins can find a button in a pitch black room on a floor full of pennies.
So I am waiting for them to get home and rescue mommy from her dumbness.

--

ithuriel

I have had quite a few surprises that had me screaming like a girl. :)
No offence taken hon.

--

Thanks for being so supportive guys.

I'm just worried about the little beast.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
he likely sought out a place to hide--i can't imagine a tarantula escaping and then fleeing for the nearest doorway. he probably figures he found an extention of his home when he escaped.

i'd try looking around in things that could make a good burrow. i'll bet he's just hiding in a shoe or maybe even a toy. if all else fails, try looking at night or turn off the lights to make it dark. use a flashlight and try to catch movement that way. it's going to be a tedious task, especially since tarantulas don't seem to move fast unless food is involved, they are startled, or are trying to get away from something.

another thing that might work is to set up a "trap." using food (or maybe the barbie!) leave it out for the emilia to catch. of course, he might not be hungry (or in the mood to mate with the plastic barbie) so this may not work right away. plus, if the cricket got away, he's probably going to catch that, too.

sorry about your luck, though. i hope you find him soon! 4 cats in a bathroom can get pretty messy!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks krystal.
I set him up a " trap" I have a cricket in a little screen tub next to a shallow dish of water ( my house is pretty dry) and Thats next to the females tank which I put on the floor. All this being under the twins game table which is in the same room I keep my computer and our T's.

And yes.... I put the barbie down too..

Just in case... As stupid as it sounds I'll try anything to get Zevo back safe.

Eden and faith got home and Eden is prediciably upset and both have been looking.
Of course I have had ten tarantula sightings since they got home.
Ten spottings, in ten different locations in the house.
One was a black pipe cleaner the twins had lost out of one of their craft kits a while back.
various other " tarantula parts look alikes"...

I am Hopeing that since this room is the warmest in my Very chilly drafty house he will automaticly be drawn back to here where there is food water warmth and a female.

I've turned my house upside down otherwise and all are on tarantula alert.
My oldest daughter predicably said " EEEEEEEEEK! You mean theres a fricken big furry spider loose in the house??? What if I wake up and he's sitting on my face? What if he crawls in the shower with me?!?!?!" And the thousand and fifty other " what if's"
I have assured her that Zevo has no interest in hunting her down for tarantula shits and giggles and she has promised not to grab a book and make T pancakes if she does spot him.

There are just So many nooks and crannies here.

But the search continues.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OK.....Look in ALL small spots in the room, and rooms next to the room it was in...........Well.....thats my advice...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Nixy,
I've lost ALOT of spiders....I am really good at it :)
Luckily, I've found most of them too. In most cases, they haven't left the room they escaped from, and the longest one was gone was 4 months, and she turned up safe and sound. I would *think* a male might be easier to find then a female, since the mature ones are wanderers, looking for females.
Try at night with a flashlight, like someone else suggested. Keep the door to that room closed at all times.
B emilia are quite hardy, so he will be ok being in a dry environment. Hopefully not too long for you though
Also, leave a water dish (if you haven't already) out as well.
good luck and keep us posted!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know how you feel.....I had three escapees in the last few months, and all but one came back safely. I looked EVERYWHERE, but they all seemed to be very close to where they escaped from. My mature male A. Avic got out of a hole the size of a nickel, which was kinda amazing. I found him in the basket that I use to house all the little vials with spiderlings in them, complete with a fresh sperm web(go figure). You might want to check any boxes or baskets that might be in the area....dark corners in these things make good hiding spots. Really, any place dark is a good place to hide for a tarantula. Good luck!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are three places at this point he could be in this area. Inside the couch, the big flumpy chair we have, or an organ thats in This room.
I've searches all three but there are plenty of places I just Can't see in because of the way they're made.
I tell ya what though. I haven't cleaned out this room This much in a while.....
Maybe he was telling me to get started spring cleaning?

I can't narrow the wandering zone because I have archways into my kitchen, and into the living room from This room.
I Think he Could be in the living room as much as this. The dining room of this house cause His tank is gaianst the arch way wall Into the living room. And it's three foot from That spot to either the couch or chair.
The organ is six foot to the Other side as is the arch into the kitchen.
I Hope he didn't go to the kitchen because off of that is the sunroom with the dog and ferret cage which he could easly climb into.

I just hope he got past the gauntlet of cats to whereever he holed up.

I have the temptations out for him and as soon as I have the twins down it's lights off down here.

I've even looked in the rabbits, guinue pigs and hamsters cage in the off chance he might have gone for their water.

I don't worry about him harming Them. They are just Too big.
But I Am worried about him.

Thanks all.

Will keep ya posted on the great tarantula hunt.