eyelash viper

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hey guys i was wondering if any of u guys can give me some info on these guys like i did a search for the green eyelash viper at google.com but nothing came up just pics and price lists i was wondering if there was any info sheats u could provide or if not anything u know about them like habitat,venom,care etc thanks in advance

Sean

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Green is just one of the many color phases of Bothriechis schlegelii. Try using the scientific name in a search. I would stay away from hot snakes if you don't have any experience with them. There have been recorded eyelash viper bite deaths. The best way to learn about hots is to work with an experienced keeper. They can show you the ropes.
Mike

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
I bred schlegs over 15 years ago and they were not difficult, but weren't easy either. The main things you have to keep in mind are they need to be very hydrated(some won't drink from a water dish so you have to spray them with water at least once a day if not twice. Also, they will eat themselves to being overly obese, and arboreal sedentary snakes can get subject to visceral gout and other digestive problems if fed too much. My regimen consisted of fuzzy or hopper-sized mice about once every 3-4 weeks. Adult males never were fed except every 5-6 weeks. The colors are fantastic and no two snakes will throw the same colors. Even a pair of yellows will throw greens, salmons, oranges, etc. A lot depends on the ancestral colors of the snakes. They can be snappy, but with patient attention around feeding and cleaning, you shouldn't have any problems.