Exuvium stuck on pedicel of spiderling

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
I have a G. rosea spiderling who molted recently, possibly within the last 2-3 days. Upon randomly checking in on him I noticed a strand(?) of exuvium is stuck on the pedicel! It’s definitely a thicker portion of exuvium than normal.

To the dismay of the spiderling, wetting the old exuvium doesn’t seem to be doing the trick (yet?). I’m not sure if it’s something that can safely be removed. Am I missing something? Advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

smithyramone

Arachnopeon
that fresh melted spider is still probably pretty soft eh? I'd be nervous of squishing him until he hardens up fully!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I just woke up but I had to do a double take... Peeling exuvia off since 2017?!? Surely you have to know better?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Definitely wouldn’t be holding a freshly molted spider. I, personally, wouldn’t be handling one at all, but especially not freshly molted. You softened it by wetting it, now just wait and see how the spider handles it in the next few days. If it is a problem for it, then maybe intervene to trim it, but it’s way too early for that right now.