Experienced my first molt. Thanks.

mortar516

Arachnopeon
I'm a first time T owner and have had my 3" B.Smithi since July 09. She just molted last night and I'm not sure if everyone remembers their first time, but it really was an amazing experience. I have owned, dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, fish, hamsters and nothing really comes close to comparing to the molting process.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that post on this board. I do not post often (see - some people use the search function) but the knowledge on these boards has been invaluable to me. I promised myself that I wouldn't purchase another T until I went through a molt. I guess now I can start looking. Thanks again for your help whether you realize it or not.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on the succesfull molt :D

I just experienced my first molt, all by myself. I've seen other peoples T's molt before, but having it happen all alone, with my own baby, was a bit nervewrecking!

Lor&Chris

Arachnopeon
I remember the first moult I experienced, my G. Rosea female Syska. My girlfriend and I came home from my birthday dinner with her parents 11/27/2009. I checked on her like I always do when i get home and she was on her back in the middle of the process.

I agree with AbraCadaver it was so nervewrecking and yet so exciting at the same time, I think I checked on her about 30 times that night.

Chris.

winwin

Arachnoknight
I also experienced my 1st molt from a 2" B. Smithi last month, I just woke up and found it finished molting. All I know was it was in premolt but didn't know when it was gonna molt. Lol

Then at the start of this month I experienced my 2nd and 3rd molt on the same day from a 1.5cm a.genic and a heterometrus sp. sling around 3rd instar, then a 2 days ago, my friend's 2cm LP(which he left with me) also molted, then today my orphnaecus sp. molted without warning(I didn't know what to look for since it's my 1st OW T). :D