Exo-Terra vs. ZooMed contemplation...

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Just saw an ad on my local craigslist, the guy is selling an exoterra 18x18x24 for $200. I already told him you can pick em up new for $115 off the internet and got him to lower the price to $75 with a free large lamp thrown in with it.

Seems to be in good shape. Just curious if I should get it because the drive is about 45 minutes to an hour and would cost me roughly $25 in gas.

I went to the local pet store and saw a ZooMed enclosure exact same dimensions new for $100. Just wondering what you guys think I should do? He also said he'd meet me half way to save on gas.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
It depends if you want to go through the hassle to save $22-$23. If the exo-terra is used, I say forget about it. Either way, I would go with the Zoomed at the LPS.

WeezyTheAvic

Arachnopeon
It depends if you want to go through the hassle to save $22-$23. If the exo-terra is used, I say forget about it. Either way, I would go with the Zoomed at the LPS.
i second that unless you think the light is worth it go with the new 1.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I would go with a new exo terra, but the LPS doesnt have one and I'm not going to pay shipping for one online.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would go with a new exo terra, but the LPS doesnt have one and I'm not going to pay shipping for one online.
Then it sounds like your original question is sort of moot, doesn't it? {D

Get the guy to meet you halfway, and when you get it, clean it like mad.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Oh nice, you live in La Vista Kori! lol, would you go check to see if it's worth it? Probably lives down the street from you!!! :} hehehe

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh nice, you live in La Vista Kori! lol, would you go check to see if it's worth it? Probably lives down the street from you!!! :} hehehe
If you PM me, I could see about arranging to meet with whoever it is on your behalf. :)

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Yea, there doesn't seem to be too many around here that are into the hobby... But I guess I haven't been to a meeting yet. Was supposed to go this month, but ended up taking Halloween off thinking thats when it was going to be. Man was I bummed. :( I'll send you the guys address and see if it's within a very short distance of you!