Exo-terra backrounds???

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi. i really like the looks of the backrounds that come in the Exo-terra tanks. i see that they sell just the backround in several sizes. i have never felt the material of this backround. Does anyone know if it would be easy to cut and fit to different size enclosures? Thanks.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think its styrofoam and yes its easy to cut. I wouldnt advise it for anything large..the little hooks at the end of my blondi's feet can pull little pieces of it out but it looks nice! :D

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you also have to be very careful as crickets have a tendency to climb behind the foam, get stuck, and die. The smell is awful and you have to essentially remove everything in the enclousure to remove the backing to remove the cricket.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you also have to be very careful as crickets have a tendency to climb behind the foam, get stuck, and die. The smell is awful and you have to essentially remove everything in the enclousure to remove the backing to remove the cricket.
I bet you could deal with that with hot glue or silicone gel or something.

rebirthflame

Arachnopeon
i removed the polstyrene from my exo terra as eventually crickets chewed a hole stright through it to the hole that runs down the back of them.