escaping tarantula :(

ur_face:)

Arachnopeon
My boyfriends a.avic escaped yesterday after he put him in the new cage he built for him...we think the cricket chewed a whole through the netting. My boyfriend later found him on the ceiling in his closet lol. That was scary!!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if a cricket can chew through it a tarantula can too xD

Arachnopeon
Yes thats what i was thinking too...and ofcourse he put it back in after he fixed the cage..and its missing again!! Hopefully we get lucky and find it again lol. Im thinking of a new cage..

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Are you able to post any pics of the enclosure? That would help us to all be able to pinpoint the issues, they may be simple enough to fix instead of a completely new enclosure.

Arachnopeon
My camera actually just broke last week..im kind of upset now because i can't take pics of any of our tarantulas :( I will try and see if i can take a picture with my phone..dont know if it will be good enough quality. But the enclosure is very...not good at all..kinda just threw it together lol. It was our first time doing it ourselves so it didnt turn out that great at all. Its not that easy to cut plexiglass. I just think we should throw away the whole thing...it doesnt look very fixable..but i will post a picture as soon as i can!

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Well at least you attempted to make an enclosure, can only learn from it. In that case though, you are likely right, just buy a new one that you know it can't escape from. Hopefully you find your avic soon.