*^*%&!!! Escape!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
no, but...

the waterpipe in the shower busted, and so we had to take out part of the wall...and my whole bedroom floor is soaked.So, not only does it have enough water to last a lifetime..it has free access to the outdoors...:(

p.s.

incoming mail for you next week :)

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha....well there goes the dehydrated part. OH well, get your pocket book out and buy another one. Hope the water flush it out?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
funfunfun....NOT!

Repaired the shower, tore the carpet out of the bedroom, fixed large hole in the wall. Washed all wet clothes, after shaking each piece first to see if T would fall out.

My mom and my b/f's oldest daughter refuses to come over until it is found.

I am going to miss them.

On a lighter note,
my b/f waited until his friend was smooshed into our small dark bedroom closet, holding pipes/wrench, etc. to let him know T was missing. heeheeheee.

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
escaped T

Sorry that your T escaped, and hope you find it. The wet towel advice, and the looking in dark 3 sided places not too far from the escape, both seem to be great advice.

If you could share with everyone how exactly you feel the T could have escaped, that might help others from making a similar mistake. I think that would be a positive that could come out of this negative event. Sorry for everything that has been going wrong!

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey rapunzel.....keep on the lookout.....i had a rosie get out once....i left the top off after feeding her. ive seen people talking about how she probably wont go very far from her cage......my rosie was in an upstairs bedroom, and she climbed out of her cage, down my bedstand, down the stairs, and sumhow got OUTSIDE! my dad happend to see her in the split second that she ran across the sidewalk..... it took us 4 days to find her.....so keep on the lookout and good luck finding her

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: escaped T

Originally posted by Professor T
Sorry that your T escaped, and hope you find it. The wet towel advice, and the looking in dark 3 sided places not too far from the escape, both seem to be great advice.

If you could share with everyone how exactly you feel the T could have escaped, that might help others from making a similar mistake. I think that would be a positive that could come out of this negative event. Sorry for everything that has been going wrong!
it's quite simple, really, how it got out. I had it in a beanie baby display case. It was one with the shorter lids..not a deep lid but one that just fits on the top. It pushed it off.
I am 100% positive that I did not leave the lid off because I fed the slings the night before and this one had just molted and I checked on it when I fed the slings but did not open the lid.
When i discovered it was gone, the lid was slid off the top.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by ACoopBB24
hey rapunzel.....keep on the lookout.....i had a rosie get out once....i left the top off after feeding her. ive seen people talking about how she probably wont go very far from her cage......my rosie was in an upstairs bedroom, and she climbed out of her cage, down my bedstand, down the stairs, and sumhow got OUTSIDE! my dad happend to see her in the split second that she ran across the sidewalk..... it took us 4 days to find her.....so keep on the lookout and good luck finding her
I was checking outside my bedroom, along the house and in the flowerbed because my bedroom window had been opened all night when it escaped.
It was 40 degrees last night, though, so if it IS outside...I doubt it survived the cold.
*sigh*

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All I can say is good luck finding your T. One of my G. rosea's got out once and it took me awhile to find it too. I know it must be frustrating not to find it and having to worry about it.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
If your room is messy, it has all kinds of places to hide. I had my adult female A.seemanni get out of her enclosure due to a failure on my part to get the lid completely closed, and she wondered my room for nearly 5 days. Happened I couldn't sleep very well and was up around 4-5am and I heard something behind my desk in some paperwork... And there she was, and all I had to do was to pick her up on the paper she was on and deposit her back into her home. This time I did make sure I did my part and get the lid secured. You might want to try staying up very late and just listen as it might cause a noise or two in its crawling around. My girl had only went maybe 2 yards from where she had escaped and was still on the floor. Good luck on finding yours

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey don't give up. My sister just recently found a lost H.gigas after around 3 months or longer. I do know how you feel though since I have a M.I.A. A.avic. Good luck to you!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
so, I was looking under the bed, and I think that if i was

my T, I would like to live inside this big dark cloth gun case thing...any clue on how to see inside to the bottom? It doesnt unzip, and there is no way I can stick my arm in and FEEL to the end. Sure wish tarantulas would come when you call them.