@$$!$!!!! Escape!!!!

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont get it, the damn thing climbed the slippery surface of the cup, walked upside-down to find a hole, then squeezed out of it????? why would someone do that?????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So uh...what escaped again? I've found that if you shine a bright light while tending to slings they don't crawl out because they shy away from the bright light. I have a clip on snake neck lamp I use to achieve this.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey godz-

are youdoing something new with your hair? I really like it. you look a little tired in your picture, but other than that, you look really good.

and good idea to top it all off

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
suck dude. :(

what'd you lose and when?

look around the area in small, dark hiding places, maybe you'll get lucky...you'll need that if it's small. :/

um, boredom? (shrug)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
hey godz-

are youdoing something new with your hair? I really like it. you look a little tired in your picture, but other than that, you look really good.

and good idea to top it all off
Those are just white contacts in my eyes. My agents told me that's what they wanted to do for my part in GMK because I'm supposed to be this evil Demon.

And it does work. I haven't had one escape attempt from the Deli Cups yet. Although funny thing here. My Chaco Golden Knee sling had escaped from her vial a week ago when I was feeding them their crickets. She crawled right onto my hand where she refused to leave until I snagged a salsa cup and placed it near her. To which she casually walked into the salsa cup and waited for me to put the top on it. She sure told me she wanted to be upgraded from a vial to larger lodgings.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It was a L.Parahybana.

I did search around and I played some music as loudly as i could in case she felt the vibrations and came out, no luck :mad:

Here's what she escaped:

Attachments

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jebus what she crawl through, maybe i am blind but i can't even make out the holes...did you already say how big she was?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well dude, good luck to you. i'd just SEARCH AND SEARCH as much as possible in dark places. i hope you find it. :/

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
It was a L.Parahybana.

I did search around and I played some music as loudly as i could in case she felt the vibrations and came out, no luck :mad:

Here's what she escaped:
Hmmmmmm.....I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I just want you to avoid these kind of mistakes, but that doesn't seem very secure to me. All my larger slings who have outgrown their vials I keep in these secure snap top Salsa Cups you can get at any Mexican restaurant.

Attachments

Last edited:

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There are no holes in the one I've posted, it was the same thing with holes on the top. In the photo you can probably see an A.Geroldi sling...

About security, it is a vary secure setup, but the holes were too big i guess. The cup fits very nice so there's no problem, i Think.

Hope i'll find it someday....:8o

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i agree with the little cups idea, in addition to the deli cups at any supermarket(easy to punch in tiny holes) there are many clear tupperware style plastic containers at any walmart which are very clear and easy to clean. really cheap too. many sizes make it easy to just keep a "sling set" on hand for frequent up grades, assuming you're sling have become an addiction like mine have.
kristin;P

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've got to agree that what you're keeping the sling in is something that is asking for one to escape, The top isn't fastened at all securely and the little one easily moved it enough to walk right up that narrow gap between the halved cup and cup. If you don't want to go with using a deli cup that has a lid, you can get Glad brand Reusables or some other cheaper imitation. They normally come 3-4 per package and have really tight fitting snap-on lids, and they are very easy, with a heated nail or paperclip, to make many small airhole in. And the most important thing will be you won't lose all your slings due to a big mistake of not having them securely in their enclosure.

I don't mean to be down on you about making a mistake, but this one could have been avoided so very easily by spending 1-2 $$. I've got several cheap containers I keep Ts in from this type "glad" enclosure to plastice shoe/sweater boxes. The bigger boxes close pretty good, but not like these smaller ones, and I'm paranoid they could still get free from the large ones that after I snap the lids on, I use a couple of big rubberbands at either end to make sure they won't open them and escape

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mendi
I've got to agree that what you're keeping the sling in is something that is asking for one to escape, The top isn't fastened at all securely and the little one easily moved it enough to walk right up that narrow gap between the halved cup and cup. If you don't want to go with using a deli cup that has a lid, you can get Glad brand Reusables or some other cheaper imitation. They normally come 3-4 per package and have really tight fitting snap-on lids, and they are very easy, with a heated nail or paperclip, to make many small airhole in. And the most important thing will be you won't lose all your slings due to a big mistake of not having them securely in their enclosure.

I don't mean to be down on you about making a mistake, but this one could have been avoided so very easily by spending 1-2 $$. I've got several cheap containers I keep Ts in from this type "glad" enclosure to plastice shoe/sweater boxes. The bigger boxes close pretty good, but not like these smaller ones, and I'm paranoid they could still get free from the large ones that after I snap the lids on, I use a couple of big rubberbands at either end to make sure they won't open them and escape
I just like to add that I use needles to poke holes in my delicups as well. I keep my Lasiodora parahybana in a shallow delicup my Emp Scorpion came in. She's growing like a weed so she needs the space.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I REALLY dont think the sling could move the top and get out. Just try it.

About going and buying those things, well, I've never seen anything like this here but I'll certainly look.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
I REALLY dont think the sling could move the top and get out. Just try it.

About going and buying those things, well, I've never seen anything like this here but I'll certainly look.
You'd be surprised what slings can do in an effort to escape. They can squeeze through alot of things.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i keep mine in small 2 x 3" rubbermaid containers with snap-on lids. i have small nailholes that i pierced through the top. they keep humidity in REALLY well and are extremely secure.

i love them. :)

my larger T's i have in some deeper rubbermaid sandwich containers. my largest i have in kritter keepers.