Escape from Alkatraz

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
Okay, I know I've said this a hundred times, but I really will have my T soon. I hope to place my order with Chris, of Chris' Creepy Crawlies (whom I highly reccomend to any Canucks, and no, he didn't ask me to say this) tomorrow. Anyway, I'm a little creeped out about spiderling escapes as I've read about some recently. I have two different-sized kritter keepers that I'm afraid to use in case my g. pulchra decides to step out for a walk. i'm starting to one incher in a baby food bottle, but I'm not sure what to use to puncture air holes. just what can these little guys get out of? Please help me out. Thanks.
The Rookie

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anything that is as wide as there carapace. Just keep the holes small like the size of a pencil point were the lead and the wood meet. Maybe some one else will have a better idea.:D ;) :)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can use a small nail maybe about the width of a tac or so. When you punch the holes in the baby jar lid, be sure to punch them from the inside out so that when the lid is fastenend, the sharp points (around the airholes) can be felt on the top. That way, if your s'ling decides to take a walk on the ceiling of the jar, she won't risk tearing or scratching her abdomen. Just a tip.;)

Atrax

Oh, did you mean a baby food jar, or a baby bottle? I just re-read your post and I'm not quite clear on that.:?

Last edited: