Eresus Walckenaeri

Do you think they're cute?

• Total voters

basin79

ArachnoGod
I just got an Eresus Walckenaeri sling and I am wondering how to give it water in the small sling container? I can't spray it like a jumping spider enclosure. I am afraid I will kill the sling by over watering it.
You don't. They don't require any additional water. They get everything from their prey.

Phid Phan

Arachnopeon
You don't. They don't require any additional water. They get everything from their prey.
Ok, thank you. One more question. The sling is about two months old. I am feeding Hydei Fruit Flies or would the Drosophila Melanogaster fruit flies be better? I haven't actually seen it eat yet. I've had it about 2-3 days.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Ok, thank you. One more question. The sling is about two months old. I am feeding Hydei Fruit Flies or would the Drosophila Melanogaster fruit flies be better? I haven't actually seen it eat yet. I've had it about 2-3 days.
I don't know what size that is. Here's my Gandanameno sp sling when she arrived. 85D135AD-99BA-4A90-A577-DC7BEBF01F34.jpeg

I used crickets from the start. Once they have webbing down they're great little hunters. Can also used larger prekilled crickets.

Phid Phan

Arachnopeon
I don't know what size that is. Here's my Gandanameno sp sling when she arrived. View attachment 379254

I used crickets from the start. Once they have webbing down they're great little hunters. Can also used larger prekilled crickets.
Yes, my sling is that size 👍🏼 Prekilled crickets? That's so interesting. So relieved I have a lot of options if for some reason s(he) isn't eating. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yes, my sling is that size 👍🏼 Prekilled crickets? That's so interesting. So relieved I have a lot of options if for some reason s(he) isn't eating. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Aye. If you see were the webbing is most concentrated and put the prekilled cricket on that webbing the spider will find it. I have 3 adults and feed them prekilled sometimes.