Ephepobus murinus care

curious juan

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

A friend will be giving me an Ephepobus murinus. Can you share your experience and tips on the proper care for this species? Thanks in advance...

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Deep moist sub for burrowing and good humidity.
Room temps are ok.
Watch your fingers when feeding.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Deep moist sub for burrowing and good humidity.
Room temps are ok.
Watch your fingers when feeding.
Basically this^^^ :D
What size are you getting? I got mine for two months now, maybe longer, bodylength is about 4 cm. I set it up with lots of moist substrate with some plants for webbing and a pre dug burrow. I've also put some springtails in there since humidity needs to be a little higher. It seems to be doing very well on this set up so far, comes out every evening to sit at the entrance and showing its gorgeous legs off :)
Eats like a horse, and when it doesn't, it's been very tidy in putting the killed feeder next to the waterdish.
Housing went relatively smooth, it was just very very stubborn, bolting once or twice, but no threatpostures so far. I very much enjoy mine, but like KezyGLA said, keep the fingers clear :p

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I completely agree with KezyGLA but just one thing. While room temperatures are fine, I've noticed that they like a bit more the warm side... I don't know how to explain that in good English, now, lol :-s

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I comIletely agree with KezyGLA but just one thing. While room temperatures are fine, I've noticed that they like a bit more the warm side... I don't know how to explain that in good English, now, lol :-s
While it is a handy sentence 'keep at room temperature', I am always wondering what the person saying that considers room temperature :D. Maybe KezyGLA likes to be in his t-shirt at 19°C, but that's a bit chilly for me.

I keep my T's around 22-25°C day, and 19-20°C at night, but I need central heating and a heatcable to achieve these temperatures in fall/winter. If I would leave them without that, they would be at 18/19°C during the day, and 13/15°C at night in this season, and thise are not very good temps, especially with slings.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I completely agree with KezyGLA but just one thing. While room temperatures are fine, I've noticed that they like a bit more the warm side... I don't know how to explain that in good English, now, lol :-s
Ahaha yeah! I forgot to mention this one is closer to my radiator, which is on constantly in winter because of my location ahaha.

While it is a handy sentence 'keep at room temperature', I am always wondering what the person saying that considers room tem
Room temp in summer is 21-24 without heating so I make that my winter for the Ts.

In the winter my T room is at 22-25C during the day then I bump the radiator down a little at night brings it to 20C
perature :D. Maybe KezyGLA likes to be in his t-shirt at 19°C, but that's a bit chilly for me.
Room temp in summer is 21-24 without heating so I make that my winter for the Ts :D

In the winter my T room is at 22-26C during the day then I bump the radiator down a little at night brings it to 20C.

I think the majority of Theraphosidae can manage long term if kept 20C onwards. Just experience from what I have kept though.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I keep my T's around 22-25°C day, and 19-20°C at night, but I need central heating and a heatcable to achieve these temperatures in fall/winter.
Same temperature range I keep (and always kept) mines, but without a heatcable (I live more South, ah ah, even if Lombardy is the second coldest region of Italy) :p

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yup that's what I wanted to say :-s

while a 'Chaco' (let's talk about adults, of course) or a "GBB", for instance, will completely "meh" and eat at 20° C, I've noticed E.murinus being a bit on sluggish mode at those temps.

curious juan

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info guys. It will be around an inch in DLS.
Just to clarify, substrate must be moist but not soaking wet? I don't have to worry for low temp from where I live, temp range here is from 27-34C.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Just moist will do. Doesnt need to be wet. I use some spag moss and a deep waterdish for humidity but mine is adult so a shallow dish for yours. Maybe just overflow to make a damp area. Good vent is a must though ;)

I had a feeling the only thing your murinus may dislike is air conditioning aha

Last edited: