Enough airholes for pokie?

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Does this enclosure have enough airholes for a P. regalis? The airholes are positioned on opposite sides. Included is a picture to illustrate the positioning of the airholes.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Id say so, yes.
If the container starts getting cloudy or water beads up its too moist. I typically let the sub dry out completely then generously overflow a poecis waterdish again.
They dont require too much moisture

user 666

Arachnobaron
Does this enclosure have enough airholes for a P. regalis? The airholes are positioned on opposite sides. Included is a picture to illustrate the positioning of the airholes.
I don't think you need to pokie any more air holes, no.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Here's a P. regalis that was rehoused last month. Inverted 40oz. container, near the 6"X6"X12", plenty of air holes in both. There's NO set rules on how many you provide an enclosure with. I err on many, drawback, refilling the water dish more often. Plus the fact I have a fan on a variable timer to simulate breezes and keeps an even temp throughout the room.
P.regalis#5.jpg NOT a big inconvenience IMO.
Yours is fine!

DPetsche

Arachnopeon
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Here's a P. regalis that was rehoused last month. Inverted 40oz. container, near the 6"X6"X12", plenty of air holes in both. There's NO set rules on how many you provide an enclosure with. I err on many, drawback, refilling the water dish more often. Plus the fact I have a fan on a variable timer to simulate breezes and keeps an even temp throughout the room.
View attachment 236829 NOT a big inconvenience IMO.
Yours is fine!
I've never really thought about doing that inverted jar idea for an enclosure. I thought about it for a split second after seeing your picture but then I remembered I have horrible luck when it comes to my Ts placing their webs in the worst possible place. They always end up deciding to make their webs attached to the lids. In the case of your picture, the bark being twisted would mess up all the webs that will inevitably be connected to the sides wouldn't it?

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I've never really thought about doing that inverted jar idea for an enclosure. I thought about it for a split second after seeing your picture but then I remembered I have horrible luck when it comes to my Ts placing their webs in the worst possible place. They always end up deciding to make their webs attached to the lids. In the case of your picture, the bark being twisted would mess up all the webs that will inevitably be connected to the sides wouldn't it?
Actually, inverted work very well. The cork is attached, 2 small screws, into the containers base. When the cap is removed only the portion connected to it is destroyed. Photo showing an empty one w/h cholla cactus (hot glued in place) as a hide, disassembled.

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Actually, inverted work very well. The cork is attached, 2 small screws, into the containers base. When the cap is removed only the portion connected to it is destroyed. Photo showing an empty one w/h cholla cactus (hot glued in place) as a hide, disassembled.
Interesting. I would consider it for a Avic. All my pokies like to make their homes down so with them so I usually prefer a top opening enclosure. My Avics like to build up top so the bottom opening works good for that. Neat idea man.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
@Red Eunice Thank you for including pictures, I really like that set up. I think I will give it a shot for one of my Avic slings when the time comes to rehouse them.

DPetsche

Arachnopeon
Oh okay I figured that might've been what you had done. That's a really good idea I might consider trying it out.