Enlarged Stercoral Cavity - Normal?

gollymolly

Arachnopeon
i have had my b. smithi for approx 7 years.
she has been repeatedly molting for a couple of years now due to a molt injury (she lost a spinnerette). She has been attempting to regenerate it and it does seem to be gradually growing back. since her last molt, she has been webbing a little.

it appears as if she is entering another molt cycle. she has lost all of the hairs on her abdomen again... and is refusing to eat.

however, lately i have noticed that the lines (midgut) under her exo have become more pronounced. i can see the stercoral pocket. today i am seeing what looks like a bubble on her abdomen... as if the stercoral cavity is enlarged.

i have never seen this happen before, so my question is.... is this normal?
anyone seen this before?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes a picture would be great cause I dont know about everyone else but you were speaking greek.......Not really... lol but a picture would speak volumes.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

As far as I understand You t was at Your hand from the start (You rais it from sling), isn't so?
And all these strange things happens to her just 2 molts ago.
I do not think lost of spinerrets and th last "changes" are related.
But in general what happens to Your tarantula is looking very odd and bad :(
It is seems so the organism in whole and internals are corrupt or damaged... in anyway out of the "normal".
So, no good prognosys for Your t' unfortunately, sorry, and it is very unusual case, the pix are would be great to realize what exactly the situation is.

gollymolly

Arachnopeon
will keep trying

i usually can take great photos of her.... but at this time it is very difficult to get a good shot. and i don't want to stress her out further.

and to clarify... i did not raise her from sling, however, i have had her a very long time.
and she has moulted approx. 4-5 times in the past 2 years which i am sure you can guess has been a problem for nutrition. it feels like as soon as she is done moulting and i am finally able to feed her, she stops eating again to moult again.

now she isn't eating again.. and has shed all the hair on her bottom.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see... poor spider ;(
It is seems so the real problems...
But to find the real reason is another problem.
If you have her from adult all these years I can suggest that all the situatuin can be described as "old-age problems"... I can't see any thing else reasonable to describe her internal abnormalties.
But who knows...