Enclosure too small?

Luke

Arachnosquire
Hello Arachnoworld!

Lately it seems like my B. smithi sling has been getting bigger and bigger every week! (wishful thinking on my part I suppose) haha! But i was hoping that maybe somebody could tell me if it's enclosure is in fact too small for it ..here is a pic of him/her in its enclosure and a size comparison shot..
(Enclosure)

(Size Comparison 55mm lens cap)

Also I am still fairly new to this hobby so I am unsure as to how big or how old a T has to be in order to determine its sex...so if it isnt too much of a hassle can someone give me their best guess as to what mine is? (Say Female ;P) I have been looking at gallery pics but i really dont know what to look for..lol..

(Ventral Shots)

Thank you so much in advance!!!
Luke

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I don't know about the gender; I'm still learning about that myself. The size of the enclosure looks fine to me. Cute smithi!

razor244

Arachnopeon
good point about the sub chris i didnt notice that from the angle... it didnt stand out to me.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Luke, Nice little smithi sling you got there! I'd add more to the sub to put in no more than a legspan wide in depth from the top to prevent injury if it falls while climbing in the enclosure, other than that it's plenty big.

Oh, and looking more female to me but I wouldn't trust this for a second. :)

Terry

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Actually, bones in the enclosure (and other sharp/hard objects) can injury your T. Maybe she/he (I'll just say "it") will live all its life without suffering any kind of damage, but it also could decide one day that it wants to climb and then might fall and get injured.

Luke

Arachnosquire
Wow! thanks for the replys and comments on my sling everyone! Chris Skeleton, thanks for filling me in on the substrate! I will put more in there right away! And Terry D, Thanks for giving me a measurement! lol

And thats a 2/3rds vote for female!!! I'm liking these odds already! lol just joking...I really dont care if its one or the other but a female would be awesome! If anyone else thinks they might know PLEASE chime in in leave your opinion it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Oh! one more question...Can someone explain what the little red areas next to my slings book lungs are? Is it something bad?

Thank you again!!!
Luke

Luke

Arachnosquire
Lorum, Whoa thanks!!! I had no idea....i just thought it looked cool...:wall:...sorry...It will be out once i put more substrate in!!!

Luke