Enclosure too small for a 2" versi?

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
Hello, I just got done making this enclosure for a 2" Versicolor and after looking at it I'm wondering if I should take out the piece of wood to give it a little more room. Does it look too cramped for a 2" versi?
Thanks!

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Nice looking container . Try taking a pic with the T in it and that will make the too small/big enough debate a little easier to decide . Also you might want to switch to a cork tube instead of that wood . I've always had trouble with wood like that getting a little moldy especially where it comes in contact with the substrate .

come2imagine3

Arachnopeon
I think its big enough for now. A molt or two from now might be a different situation.

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
Alright, thanks for the info guys! I removed the wood and I'll be heading to the pet store for some cork bark.

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats an awesome setup-- Im having a hard time telling if its glass or acrylic! :)

How'd you do it? <3 I want one for my little lovely.

In anycase, my Versi is jealous of yours!

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
Thanks! It is acrylic and it was like $7 at Walmart. Picked up some cork bark so I'll be adding a back wall instead of the wood that's in it.

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm. was it sold as an enclosure or was it some kind of spice jar? :] I want to make something like this now-- guess Im just tryin to figure out where I should be looking!

What kind of substrate is that?

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
I found it in the container in the kitchen area in walmart. The substrate is zoo med coconut fiber (eco-earth).

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
thanks! Looks a little different now, I pulled the wood out and put in a cork bark wall. Should be getting the critter that's going in it tomorrow morning.
I'll have to take some pics.

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
Ok, here are some pics of the versicolor in the enclosure.
The Versi was sold to me as a 2'' but looks a little smaller than a 2" T to me, what do you think?

I guess I might need to make a smaller enclosure. I was expecting something a little bigger so I made the enclosure the same size as the 2'' A. Avic that I bought from my local pet store. Oh well, I think I still got a pretty good deal on it.

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
The dish is 1/2" deep and I have about 1/4" of water in it but yeah, I was thinking about taking it out and getting something a little smaller.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
if it was my t id just be paranoid of her drowning in that dish .
The chances of an arboreal tarantula drowning in any size dish is so extremely unlikely that it's not even worth mentioning.

Personally, I think it's a lovely enclosure for a lovely tarantula (and yes, I'd call that less than 2"). I wouldn't change a single thing.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love that enclosure!!! I'll be doing a trip to the kitchen dept. at Walmart as well. Very nice and clean looking :)

razor244

Arachnopeon
I love that enclosure!!! I'll be doing a trip to the kitchen dept. at Walmart as well. Very nice and clean looking :)

i agree. imma have to pick one of those enclosures up for my p regalis sling

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

The chances of an arboreal tarantula drowning in any size dish is so extremely unlikely that it's not even worth mentioning.

Personally, I think it's a lovely enclosure for a lovely tarantula (and yes, I'd call that less than 2"). I wouldn't change a single thing.
like i said... im paranoid about stuff like that.

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess i'll just leave it in there. Like I said, I was expecting something a little bit bigger when I purchased the container.