enclosure sizes

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Unfortunately, due to money constraints, I will be moving into my parent's house, and losing mine. Now, I will be keeping my snakes, and my Gecko.

My red tail, although young, will be staying in his current, 60L, for life. However, I also have a adult Ball Python, and a Corn Snake. The Cornie I have in a 40G, the Ball in a 70G. Being as I'll be sharing a room, I need to downsize their containers. What size can they safely go to?
Peace,
Gillian

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
acceptable sizes...

It all depends on what you are comfy with but you can go as small as a large rubbermaid sweaterbox on the corn as many breed them just fine in this setup. Personally I would keep it in either that or a 20 gallon. The ball is pretty much the same story but if anything you might want to bump it up to a 30 just to give it enough room for a thermal gradient as the ball will need the ol undertank heater a lot more than the corn will. Another potential corn tank that looks a ton better than a sweaterbox is the large flat pet pal that's like 12 by 17 and about 7 inches tall. These are plenty big for corns but the thing with the twenty is that if given the room to do so corns will move around and climb quite a bit making them more interesting to look at so it really is up to what you want to do.

Phil

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The enclosures you have for them are quite large. You can keep the ball python, and corn snake in 20 gal. longs or 30 gal. breeders (wide and long) for the rest of their lives. The 30 gal. breeder should suffice for your boa until it reaches about 4'-5' in length. Phillip's suggestion for the corn sounds good to me also.

Bry