Enclosure Questions.

Saviour

Arachnopeon
I'm kinda new to this hobby, so to be safe then sorry, it's better I post my questions here.

Anyways, here it goes.

How long do you guys think a 1" arboreal tarantula could live in this enclosure? (In terms of legspan that is)

It measures 4" x 4" x 8".

Was thinking of getting this but I need to know till when I could keep my 1" T in that enclosure.. My T" is an A.Avic though. :)

Thanks guys for any reply.

TreeGuy

Arachnopeon
Yes it could.
Enclosures should usually by 2-4 times the legspan of the tarantula in width.
And about 3-4 times the legspan in height for arboreals, maybe a little more.

BUT

Why not make an enclosure out of random stuff, (jars, delicups, rubber mades ect) and save your money for the t's final enclosure?

With an avic this small it's sling enclosure is going to be big enough for a few months at most.

Edit: Buy yourself a copy of the Tarantula Keepers Guide by Shultz and Shultz. It is the bible!

webbedone

Arachnobaron
actually that enclosure will hold it over for multiple molts which is a while unless you are power feeding

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I always keep mine up to about 4 inches in the cheaper homemade containers.

Tarantula Homes are great enclosures. I'd say buy it anyways, that way if you find that awesome impulse buy T, you can put it in there! {D

Hey what kind of arboreal T are you looking at adopting?

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I too am of the though that until the T will be reaching it's final enclosure I usually just go cheaper and use deli cups, dollar store containers, candy jars, etc. I have found some candy containers that are perfect arboreal enclosures, crystal clear, and hexagonal in shape and they are beautiful, can't go wrong with those in my mind.