Enclosure question

vwcorrado16v

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread and that it has probably been discussed a million times before, but I would just like to clarity on enclosure sizes from people such as yourselves who have experience in the field.

I have as you know a Brachypelma albopilosum and a Nhandu tripepii, the albo is around the 4" mark and the tripepii around the 3". Both are un-sexed currently which I know will effect what size they reach but basically I would like to know what is the best enclosure size currently and when they are fully grown.

Sorry if it's obvious but I would just like some clarity for piece of mind. The albo is in a RUB which is L43cm x W37.5cm x H16.5cm and the tripepii is in a exo terra medium size L30cm
x W19.5cm x H20.5cm.

If you think my current enclosures are too small/big please let me know of a suitable size as I want what is best for the T's and want them to feel comfortable.

Thanks guys!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Minimum 2x legspan in width & length and 1.5x legspan in height from substrate. Get deeper enclosure for burrowing sp. or arboreals

vwcorrado16v

Arachnopeon
Minimum 2x legspan in width & length and 1.5x legspan in height from substrate. Get deeper enclosure for burrowing sp. or arboreals
Thanks for that, I suppose I should go a bit bigger than the minimum as I've heard large enclosures can have negative effects on the T?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Thanks for that, I suppose I should go a bit bigger than the minimum as I've heard large enclosures can have negative effects on the T?
Excessive horizontal space is not harmful (provided you have appropriate cage furnishings), but it can make it harder for your tarantula to find its prey and may encourage burrowing/hiding (especially in slings).