Enclosure I just put together for an incoming Pokie

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
I think this enclosure came out pretty nice. The substrate is a mix of biodude, spaghnum, and some cork sprinkled here and there. I may put another plant on the empty wall, but I kind of like how it looks now.

Attachments

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
That's a great setup as-is, in my opinion; you might appreciate the emptiness of that wall for viewing purposes.
If I may make a suggestion (that you may have already done, but I can't tell), it would be to tamp that substrate down a bit. It has been my experience that they absolutely seem to loathe loose substrate...
Looks really nice though, I'm sure your spider will love it.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
looks nice, though i would prefer the cork-tube be angled at a corner.

do you have an overhead view you can show us?

if its not a tube but a half round/flat its perfect

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not bad- never used or needed Bio whomever’s stuff- save yourself $$$ buy more Ts instead

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
That's a great setup as-is, in my opinion; you might appreciate the emptiness of that wall for viewing purposes.
If I may make a suggestion (that you may have already done, but I can't tell), it would be to tamp that substrate down a bit. It has been my experience that they absolutely seem to loathe loose substrate...
Looks really nice though, I'm sure your spider will love it.
I will definitely pack down the substrate more. Sometimes I loosen the substrate a bit to make it easier to make a dirt curtain. But come to think of it, I don't think they'd have issues with excavating if they wanted to lol. I think I'll leave that wall empty then. I just thought that maybe there wasn't enough cover. My other concern was them having a hard time hunting if there's too much coverage.

My P Met is easy when it comes to that because they are literally out in the open non stop. That pokie is one of the most inquisitive spiders I have. And she does ninja assassin flips through the leaves to tackle prey. Never seen her miss haha

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Not bad- never used or needed Bio whomever’s stuff- save yourself $$$ buy more Ts instead
It's a nice substrate. I only have 6 T's and soon to be 3 more. So, it can last a while for what i have. But for large collections, heck no it's not economical at all. Curious about how many T's are in your collection Viper. If I guess right can you send me a freebie? Lol

looks nice, though i would prefer the cork-tube be angled at a corner.

do you have an overhead view you can show us?

if its not a tube but a half round/flat its perfect
I cut a round in half and it's leaning against the back wall

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
So..,what size pokie are we talking about ?.
Just out of curiosity?.I didn’t see a DLS mentioned.

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Thanks 😊 those are fake plants from Amazon. They have some really nice ones for enclosures that aren't too expensive. The corner plant has a suction cup attached to it which is nice, because you can angle it any way you'd like. The fake ivy plants are probably my favorite to use.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Thanks 😊 those are fake plants from Amazon. They have some really nice ones for enclosures that aren't too expensive. The corner plant has a suction cup attached to it which is nice, because you can angle it any way you'd like. The fake ivy plants are probably my favorite to use.
Got a link for those fake plants?

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Got a link for those fake plants?
The other smaller side plants were just cheap ones I bought at petco lol. I rarely see her with this setup but if she's happy I'm happy. She molted yesterday so I'm expecting her to be out with a ravenous appetite in a few days. I'll be sure to take a 1000 pictures and video when she's out on the prowl lol

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The other smaller side plants were just cheap ones I bought at petco lol. I rarely see her with this setup but if she's happy I'm happy. She molted yesterday so I'm expecting her to be out with a ravenous appetite in a few days. I'll be sure to take a 1000 pictures and video when she's out on the prowl lol
Thanks. Looking forward to those pictures. I like the leaves in the upper left corner in particular.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Yeah! They are great. They come with suction cups so you can place them wherever you'd like
Nice. Looks like you're doing the same thing that I did with my S. calceatum enclosure. An airborne water bowl. I glued mine to the hide. Upon further inspection, that's a food dish isn't it? The water bowl is down below.

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Nice. Looks like you're doing the same thing that I did with my S. calceatum enclosure. An airborne water bowl. I glued mine to the hide.
I wanted to boost the humidity a little more in that cage but also give her access to drink where she feels safer. She's been using it because I find dirt in it the next day. I'm approaching things a little differently with my arboreal setups. Instead of making it rain inside the enclosure on one side, just providing larger water dishes, and filling them to the brim. Maybe lightly overfilling the ground level dish, but not going so heavy on the saturation.

cold blood

Staff member
I wanted to boost the humidity a little more in that cage but also give her access to drink where she feels safer. She's been using it because I find dirt in it the next day. I'm approaching things a little differently with my arboreal setups. Instead of making it rain inside the enclosure on one side, just providing larger water dishes, and filling them to the brim. Maybe lightly overfilling the ground level dish, but not going so heavy on the saturation.
ts dont need humidity...just keep the sub or part of the sub damp

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
ts dont need humidity...just keep the sub or part of the sub damp
Right on. Yeah I've been doing the gradient thing. I usually keep a corner damp. I thought it would be a good idea to add some springtails to some of my enclosures. I'm wondering if keeping just a corner or side damp would kill them off. I've been reading that they require more moisture than your T actually needs so it may be pointless. I could see it being really beneficial for C Lividus though. My P Met, P Ruf, and P Irm are out of the delicate stage so idk if I should just forgo that idea. Maintenance isn't an issue. They are all pretty chill T's but obviously never underestimating any of them.

cold blood

Staff member
Right on. Yeah I've been doing the gradient thing. I usually keep a corner damp. I thought it would be a good idea to add some springtails to some of my enclosures. I'm wondering if keeping just a corner or side damp would kill them off. I've been reading that they require more moisture than your T actually needs so it may be pointless. I could see it being really beneficial for C Lividus though. My P Met, P Ruf, and P Irm are out of the delicate stage so idk if I should just forgo that idea. Maintenance isn't an issue. They are all pretty chill T's but obviously never underestimating any of them.
cleaning up after a relatively clean t is simple, I have never used, or seen a real need to use a clean up crew...please dont feel like springtails are a critical piece.