Enclosure for a baby

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
First off, hi all, new here! Haven't gotten my first T yet but keep your fingers crossed I can get it in the next few months!

Ok onto the question, I've scoured the boards so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered. I'm planning on buying a brachypelma smithi sling/juvenile between 1"-2". I know that a full grown T needs at least a 10 gallon tank, but what should I do when I get my sling? Do I put it immediately into the 10 gal. adult tank or should I keep it in an intermediary enclosure until its larger?

Thanks!

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Lol you would lose a sling in a ten gallon rofl i could imagine hunting to find it. But as for a sling enclosure go to a grocery store go into the deli section and ask for a 1 pound deli cup. Punch some holes in it. Put in you substrate and boom sling enclosure. =) you can put him or her in the ten gallon at any size honestly but I would not advise it. Is wait till its about 3-4" before going that big.=) but anyway welcome to the boards and enjoy your b.smithi =)

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Haha yes, I'm guessing it'd be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Thanks for letting me know, luckily I have may different shapes and sizes of deli containers available to me at my work. I wish I could get the T at 3"-4" but they get pricey. But I might just end up splurging.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the Hobby, you can go with a deli container or if you go to a Michaels they sell these pretty cool acrylic cubes that you can make an awesome little enclosure.

grayhound

Arachnosquire
nice ones

I make really nice enclosures designed for slings. I custom drill the ventilation holes for desired humidity and to avoid using screens. They are really affordable and ship for CHEAP!! They can be aligned to use for arboreal or terrestrial slings. Here are a few pics. I have some more if anyone is interested.....

This one is my Avic sling in its new home.... it seems to really enjoy it!

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
oooh shiny!

I love your little cages! I wish I knew how to make my own. I'll get back to you sooner or later.

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
I make really nice enclosures designed for slings. I custom drill the ventilation holes for desired humidity and to avoid using screens. They are really affordable and ship for CHEAP!! They can be aligned to use for arboreal or terrestrial slings. Here are a few pics. I have some more if anyone is interested.....

This one is my Avic sling in its new home.... it seems to really enjoy it!

I love these tanks man.. Would love to buy one of you someday.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah actually i would too, do you have a website with prices and what not?

grayhound

Arachnosquire
no website yet

I do not have a website yet, as I pretty much just make these for myself and my friends.

I have tried posting them for sale here on AB before with prices, but for reasons that I won't disclose publically here on the threads, I don't plan on doing it again for a while......

If you would like one, or more, please PM me, and we can discuss it. I have a list of prices that I can e-mail to you. They are REALLY nice, affordable, and probably most importantly..... I can ship them VERY affordably! :)

feel free to email my personal e-mail too. grayhounddogg@yahoo.com

By the Way..... Thank You for all of the nice comments everyone!!!

Last edited:

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish I could get the T at 3"-4" but they get pricey. But I might just end up splurging.
Larger T's are not necessarily expensive. What species are you planning to get? You can find adult female G. roseas for $20, in pet stores or online. I'm pretty sure there must be at least one good shop in the Seattle area!