Enclosure cleaning

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Once it starts to mildew is a good time. Or when the tank starts to smell stagnant. This of course all depends on where you live too.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
I am always spot cleaning. However the majority of my tropical setups (Heterometrus sp.) are biocative.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Yes ! i can also recommend 'bioactive', add a bunch of white springtales. They keep fungus and nasty smells down to acceptable level.
I also have some isopods in the enclosures of 2 of my adult H. Petersii.
The Isopods are good cleaners and don't bother the scorpion. but BEWARE, only fully adult scorpions.
Isopods are known to feed on freshly molted scorpions that have a soft exoskeleton, so it's not suitable if your scorpion isn't at it's maximum instar.
I won't add them to my younger Heterometrus.
Depending on the water you use to spray, in my area tap-water has a relatively high level of chalk (locally called 'hard water', the rock hard white stuff that damages our dishwashers over time) that stains the glass of the enclosure over a longer period.
For that reason i started using bottled water ('soft water') for it, rain water would also do well.

Yes ! i can also recommend 'bioactive', add a bunch of white springtales. They keep fungus and nasty smells down to acceptable level.
I also have some isopods in the enclosures of 2 of my adult H. Petersii.
The Isopods are good cleaners and don't bother the scorpion. but BEWARE, only fully adult scorpions.
Isopods are known to feed on freshly molted scorpions that have a soft exoskeleton, so it's not suitable if your scorpion isn't at it's maximum instar.
I won't add them to my younger Heterometrus.
Depending on the water you use to spray, in my area tap-water has a relatively high level of chalk (locally called 'hard water', the rock hard white stuff that damages our dishwashers over time) that stains the glass of the enclosure over a longer period.
For that reason i started using bottled water ('soft water') for it, rain water would also do well.
Interesting, I will look into adding white springtails. Yes, the water where I’m from is very chalky as well. It leaves white stains on glass when it dries up. I use bottled water to spray the inside of the enclosure and to fill up my scorpion’s water dish.