Emperor scorpion Venom question

Edge_the_great

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I am looking into getting two emperor scorpions, but my roommates are major cat lovers (they have about 7). Upon asking if it was alright, their only concern was that if, by some far off chance, they escape and come into contact with cats, will the venom from the scorpions be able to kill the cats? how long do you think that would take, what would be the worst case scenario? and just, what would happen to the cat, in general.

Also, i have owned some before and have been stung. But i dont know if cats could take it.

Thanks!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello,

I am looking into getting two emperor scorpions, but my roommates are major cat lovers (they have about 7). Upon asking if it was alright, their only concern was that if, by some far off chance, they escape and come into contact with cats, will the venom from the scorpions be able to kill the cats? how long do you think that would take, what would be the worst case scenario? and just, what would happen to the cat, in general.

Also, i have owned some before and have been stung. But i dont know if cats could take it.

Thanks!
You should be more concerned about the health of your scorpion when the cats get their claws on it lol
Cats are ninjas and will probably easily kill the scorpion. It's highly unlikely the cats will suffer harm from the scorpion.

So worst case scenario: Your scorpion is dead

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P.imperator venom has some components that target small mammals. It is very unlikely that the venom kills a cat. Like HL says, an escapee scorpion has more to fear from the cat, which is besides a stupid, egocentric, narcisistic hairball on legs, also a formidable predator.

SandKing

Arachnosquire
lol.your emp can't even last a minute in a cats way or fighting.btw you should be more concern of your pet than the others coz u don't have 2 worry about cats being stung by an emp.^_^

Edge_the_great

Arachnopeon
alright, thanks guys. I assumed as much, but when i googled it, this board was all i could find.

this will doooo.

also, i look forward to discussing how my new pets will be doing after i get them!

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
Ive got 5 emps in a 20 gallon long.....Last month we were doing some renovations and had all of our tanks out (cleaning, swapping tanks etc.)

The screen was off the Emperor tank and we left the room for 10 minutes, came back and found our cat in the tank with the scorpions.....The emps did nothing

They are so docile and I've never ever seen one even get in a defensive stance where they would use their stingers......They usually try to get away..

Like mentioned earlier, Id be more concerned about the cats killing the scorpion