Emperor Scorpion Needed Questions & Information

MadDawg

Arachnopeon
Do Emperor Scorpions hybernate? What temperature and humidity should Emperor Scorpions have at day time and night time? Also I would like to know what everybody does to keep their scorpion tank at the right temp. and humidity? If possible please post pictures with your information. Please give a lot details with your answers. Now that it is getting colder where I live it is becoming harder to keep the tank at the right temp.. I have tried several things. Also does anybody know what kind of Scorpions are legal to own in North Carolina? Or does anybody know where I can find out, I have tried researching in books, on the internet, and pet stores.

Last edited:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they do not hibernate, although they lay around and do nothing more than any other specie i've owned

they need to be at 60-80% humidity, slightly above room humdity.

they do fine at room temp, or above. dont go above 90 degrees.

theyre really easy to care for and people take it further than it needs to go, with false bottoms and huge terrariums, which are nice and beautiful, but it becomes alot of work.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Grom gave you a good answer.

To add to it, I would personally try to keep the lows above 55f, 60f, or better yet, 65f would be about perfect imo.

I don't believe there are any restrictions on keeping any specie of scorpion in N.C. :D

MadDawg

Arachnopeon
Scorpion Info

I know what temperature and humidity level to keep at during the day what about at night??

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
drop it ten degrees at night, if you can. it wont hurt them. humidity stays the same

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes,

In Africa where they come from, in winter, when there is a lot of snow and ice there, they hibernate in very deep burrows. :rolleyes::D:D:D

zad

Arachnopeon
hi, i bought about a week ago 2 emperor scorpions, they are juvenile (2/3 inches)

I'm worried about because they dont eat a single cricket yet. I keep them in +- 85% humidity level and temp about 74-80f.

It just the time for adaptation? Or something else?

I will be grateful with any help you can give me

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the only states its a problem to keep scorpions in is florida and new york
florida you need a permit for buthids but thats all and ny you just cant have them :barf:

but i think thats it