emp. question

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I know this is a noob question and that I will probly get hammered for this but I need to know. I bought this male emp from petco a couple months ago and all was good at first , eating ...alot... now he just sits and does nothing...at all. I check him day and night and nothing. he hasnt eaten anything for about 3 weeks. Could he be in pre-moult? How long does pre-moult last? I mist half his tank everyday, fresh water in the dish every second day. New prey item every 4 days ...not sure what he is doing.......any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, we know these guys can stop eating for very long periods of time, so that may be it. I'd like to see that substrate damp though, so dump some water onto it.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
ok cool ...thanks alot ...after I posted I found some more good info to use. I will spray it more and get it right... thanks again

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok cool ...thanks alot ...after I posted I found some more good info to use. I will spray it more and get it right... thanks again
No prob, don't forget to look at my signature. Some good emp info there :)
Little tip though, misting isn't a very effective way of raising humidity. One of the best ways is to literally pour water into the tank until all of the substrate is damp and dark. Good luck with your emp.

BradPitbull

Arachnopeon
IMO This guy doesn't look like in a premolt stage. Possible it's not eating due to lack of moisture in its substrate.