Emergency

cgiiid

Arachnopeon
hey guys i know these are either the signs of pre molt or accepting a new home but it looks as if my tarantula is trying to turn over. I have a 1" b.smiti and i can tell if she is trying to molt i mean she looks about the same color but she has been lazy leaving crickets be and not really eating... i have recently moved her aand she does look happier. Plz help im confused and worried. :eek::eek::eek:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not an emergency, most likely a molt. Take the crickets out of the tank so that they don't snack on your vulnerable sling and let it molt in peace.

cgiiid

Arachnopeon
sorry this is my first t and i had to go through soo much trouble to get her i dont want to lose her

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just leave it alone. If watching it is worrying you, just put it away in a safe place that's out of sight for a day or two, slings tend to molt pretty soon after showing signs of premolt :)

cgiiid

Arachnopeon
thanks guys i'm just gonna have to suck it up and i guess get used to the molt... also this is the first time I've seen her sling web soo its exciting and scary because idk how the molt (im guessing) will go

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Remove any leftover food that is alive or dead and leave your sling in peace. it will be over in a day or two. Next time though, hold off on moving it and do a quick search on here or post a thread like this. this will ensure that you and your T make it through the process together safely.

cgiiid

Arachnopeon
lol the reason i moved her was because i came here but i couldnt tell how far she was into her molting season because she looked fine the other day

cgiiid

Arachnopeon
thanks for the help guys as i though she was in pre-molt and as far as i can tell it is going very smoothly i will post when the molt is finish