Emeperor Females and Males? mating?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a pair of emps, i clearly identified which is the male and the female. But the problem is, they won't mate when i try? the female pushes the male away when the male tries to grab the female's pedipalps. and i noticed, the female is the same size as the male. is this normal? or the female is not yet mature? btw i sexed them thru their operculum or whats that called. males have oblong shaped while females are heart shaped right?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is very possible the female is not mature yet. Most times the females mature one instar later, I am not too sure with p. imps though.

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is very possible the female is not mature yet. Most times the females mature one instar later, I am not too sure with p. imps though.
Yes, but the female could already be gravid depending on where you bought her from and how long ago?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it was sent to me 2 weeks ago. its been in my care for more or less 2 weeks. it was really thin when i got it. i fed it a lot till it rejected food then now i tried to mate them. many times i tried but it was all unsuccessful

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
unsuccessful attempt, female willing male not:
[YOUTUBE]bjBdLokQ9cE[/YOUTUBE]

Another pair.

successful attempt, both willing:
[YOUTUBE]6DwP1S6Mwb4[/YOUTUBE]