Elizabeth's big debut!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm starting another thread, since the other one got off track with other stuff.
If it belongs in the WH, please put it there
Elizabeth did a GREAT job, I'm certain that Jay would make me even more nervous LOL
She's got a great TV presence, and she's a doll.
It took alot of guts to go out there and handle 2 tarantulas in front of Jay, Dana the Dork, and god knows how many people in the audience.
Shelby in particular related really well, since they are close to the same age.
Yes, it may have been sensationalized a bit by Jay, but isn't it GREAT that someone was interested enough to even have her on the show, and showing them???!!
Maybe it will show people that they are not so scary after all!
We need all the *good* publicity that we can get!
Holley

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried Holley. I fell asleep before she came on. Anyway, if she makes the ATS conference, we'll see her there.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I recorded it on Tivo...I can sent it to the VCR if Mark will hook it up. You want a copy?
I bet your daughter would like to see it!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, that would be awesome. I would have taped it myself, but I thought I was going to be able to stay awake to watch it.

Botar

Edit: Not exactly the kind of movie I was wanting to watch with you after killing that bottle of wine at the conference... oops. There I go, thinking with my fingers again.=D

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Elizabeth did a wonderful job!! I am very proud of her as is every body :D I am very glad a person like her could pave the way for these creatures. She did great! She is very intelligent and adorable ;)

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She did a good job, but I hate Leno with a passion :p Dana Carvey was pretty funny, though.

Heh, at one point it almost looked as though he would rip the legs off of the rosie. (It latched onto his sleeve and he lifted his arm)

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was so relieved that I didn't have to watch the Goo Goo Dolls that you could have coated me with tar and I'd been happy.

I do think that calling T's by scientific names for the general public's consumption is a bad idea. Was the first one a rose hair? All I got was "Grammostola . . .".

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes Tranz the first was a rosehair, the second a pinktoe, and the third a pokie of some kind...I think there was one tarantula we didn't get to see tho that was out.

Mark

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I actually turned on my roommates TV to watch this show. I thought she did pretty good, better than most adults would do on public television wedged between those two hecklers at the same time. I really liked how strict she was with Jay when he raised his arm up. Although she did look a little freaked out when the pinktoe crawled up her arm onto her back.

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I smiled to whole time she was on. She was cute. That pinktoe almost got away from her. She said. Help, And ol jay was right on it. It was funny when she said," for the love of Pete".
She was great.:D

Ernie

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:)

Hi

I saw thew show and she was 100% pro with the T's.

That's what an amazing show-off what kids can do and how they approach things in a way that only kids can and that we "oldies" have forgot a long time ago, and also that I've not even done yet.:D, i.e. handling my T..:D

Kenny

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
I tried Holley. I fell asleep before she came on. Anyway, if she makes the ATS conference, we'll see her there.

Botar
I fell asleep before it came on too!
:(
Ed

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
man i missed it

what kind of pokie did she show? did she hold it ! if so that little girl is one brave cookie wow--Jeff