Eggsack?? I could need some advise...help!!

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For about tre weeks ago, my rosea went into the hole she burrowed and closed it, and until yesterday i didnt see her. (I dug a tiny hole to see if she was alive, she came out and took a cricet) She used to be wery fat!! :) But now she was tiny :)

Anyway, i think i can see a white ball in there! Could that be an eggsack??
If so, should i just let it be in there, or can i dig the T and the eggsack up? (The burrow is under some corkbark so i wont injure her in the prosess, i´ll just have to lift it up)

I dont know if she is wc or cb, i bought her from a petso two, tree months ago...

So i could sure need some advises, i`m still new to this and learning.... :) (Havent even seen an eggsack before :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Tigerwoman, you can either leave it with her, or you can incubate it yourself.
If you've never had a tarantula with an eggsac, my advice might be to leave it with her for 1 month, then pull it, and incubate it. For some reason, some momma tarantulas will destroy their eggsacs (see JP's post!). The most critical stage is the first month or so though, and it's best if the mom can do it. It needs to be rolled and turned ALOT, and it's best if she can do it.
If you want to try it yourself, you can take the eggsac, and make a little incubator out of a deep cup, with a paper towel suspended at the top, and a water/vermiculite mix in the bottom. Then you cover the eggsac with a lid, or another cup, to keep it humid. You have to 'turn' the eggsac yourself every few hours though. If you need more help, I think I have a drawing of it saved somewhere. Good luck!
Holley

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks alot! I would love to see the drawing if you find it! I´m just a "bit" exited! :D T´s some realy interesting creatures! :p

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here it is...sorry I can't give credit to the proper person, it's not labeled, and I don't know where I got it.

Last edited: