Egg sack help?

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my female Oklahoma browns just laid a sack!! I am very excited! Its my firs one!
Now for the questions!
How do i tell if its a good sack? Been 1 and 1/2 months since she was bred. What should i do with her/it? leave them together? Or take it out?
How moist should i keep it? And how long till they usually hatch?
~Samuel

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You need to wait awhile if you intend to remove the sac. I always left it with Mom with this sp.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok. Any more info? Should i heat here cage up more? Keep it more moist or more dry?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No extra heat needed, keep the water dish full, you don't have to feed during this period. Hmm what else. Bother her as little as possible. Wait and hope! Is she rotating the sac?

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok sounds good. I'll watch here some more and then get back to ya all...
~Samuel

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Personaly if you are going to call her by a common name id feel much better about it if you called her a TEXAS brown lol

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Personaly if you are going to call her by a common name id feel much better about it if you called her a TEXAS brown lol

Or even better... use her scientific name!!

Aphonopelma hentzi (is that right?! Not good with common names :wall:)

Either way its a Aphonopelma species lol

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep Hentzi it is. I would have used it, but I was not sure if i was right on the hentzi spelling, and did not feel like looking it up...
Thanks for the help guys!!!

~Samuel

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Or even better... use her scientific name!!

Aphonopelma hentzi (is that right?! Not good with common names :wall:)

Either way its a Aphonopelma species lol
only problem wiht calling it hentzi is that i think hentzi includes several other "species" that people were careless with taxonomy. You know that with tarantulas color variations dosent make a new species lol but ...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Huh? You lost me lol
certian people, name starts with an S and ends in a mith, described new species based on colors and things such as these eyes are bigger and the like. I am thinking that if a proper DNA analysis was done there would end up being more A. hentzi and less of the other "species" IE A. clarki is probably A. hentzi . and id bet lots more are too.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh i see. Yeah get your point :) But i believe scientific beats common names anyday

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh i see. Yeah get your point :) But i believe scientific beats common names anyday
not always, IE A. moderatum in the pet trade lol
Actually the Rio Grande Gold is more accurate than A. moderatum is lol