egg sac

gphx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I once used this E. campestratus during a demonstration at an ATS convention. Her skill is that she 'plays dead'. I made the mistake of selling her once. After tracking her through multiple owners, I was able to repurchase her. A male was found, she was bred, and she can be seen here currently spinning an egg sac as my reward. Perhaps I'll now have a batch of baby E. campestratus with special skills. ; )

gphx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry, trouble posting image view it here

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by gphx
I once used this E. campestratus during a demonstration at an ATS convention. Her skill is that she 'plays dead'. I made the mistake of selling her once. After tracking her through multiple owners, I was able to repurchase her. A male was found, she was bred, and she can be seen here currently spinning an egg sac as my reward. Perhaps I'll now have a batch of baby E. campestratus with special skills. ; )
Can she still play dead?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaaw. She's so cute.
Glad you got her back, got her a boyfriend and are getting a sack.

As for playing dead.

I guess she didn't do that when the male showed up. :D

gphx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Playing Dead

Yes, she does still play dead and with regards to the breeding, apparently neither is always as sedate as I thought. : )

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I made the mistake of selling her once. After tracking her through multiple owners, I was able to repurchase her.
LOL, many congrats Darrin.

Steve

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She looks like a real prize though. I'd love one of those spiders myself, but I'm going to hold off seeing as how I get a mystery freebie (I'm assuming it's a spider.) from Swift's with my order. If I get a Pink Zebra Beauty (My bets are on getting a standard Zebra though since he has so many. But Swifty's might come out of left field and surprise me.) then I won't need to purchase one. But If I don't then I might consider purchasing one of your babies.

gphx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For the record, the post about the egg sac was not an offer of spiderlings for sale, though we have others that are. Egg sacs generally don't turn into saleable slings for a few months anyway. The purpose of posting the picture was for educational purposes. But since you so nicely brought it up, we don't offer freebies. We believe that you are best qualified to decide what kind of creature you should have. Instead, we price our Express shipping lower so that you can buy what you like, instead of having your own money returned to you in the form of a freebie not of your own choosing. You get what you pay for. No one is giving their hottest sellers away as freebies, and when the cost is higher shipping, a freebie is not free.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Darrin,
you had better luck then I did!
My female also plays 'dead' but not when I tried to breed her...she made the male 'dead' instead LOL
I don't think he had a chance to even insert a palp...she's a mean one (at least to other Ts)
good luck with the sac!
Holley

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Playing Dead

Yes, she does still play dead and with regards to the breeding, apparently neither is always as sedate as I thought. : )
Hello Darrin, I wonder if she will get defensive once she has the egg sac formed up and done........
I have a versicolor that was very sweet until I tried to seperate her and her babies, really surprised me how she changed!
Ed

gphx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Ed,

She finshed her duties last night, laying hundreds to thousands of eggs. Unfortunately for some reason she did not cut out the disc and roll the egg sac up, though she did not eat them either. On close inspection, the eggs don't look quite 'right'. I have placed the entire sheet into the incubator to see what happens. Just goes to show that though many people believe that once a breeding occurs that we're home free, it is frequently not the case. It also shows why imports are cheaper than captive bred!