Well, a word of caution with the spider in school thing, especially for the younger kids.
I know a guy who had 2 G. Roseas, and a Pinktoe (Avic. Avic.) in school (I believe his students were 3rd - 5th) and was forced to remove them because some fool of a parent came in spouting stuff like "I read they inject bone-eatting venoms!" and "They're the most venomous things in the world!" and was forced to get rid of them because that one parent managed to amass a large group of ignorant fools who don't bother to read up on stuff, they just assume that since it has fangs, it's dangerous. Although their favorite dog they play with every day is responsible for more deaths per year than all pets combined.