Eden's Little Willy

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry bout that. I should have specified in the post that Willy was a paryninny. :)

I have to get Willy to hold still next to a quarter or on a ruler or somehting one day. :)

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Willy's "house"
I'm really curious to see how you're goin to take Willie out of there if you need to.

Will you fill the whole thing with water and let him float out??:}

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cowshark, Willy seems to have a ting for the little red heart gem, she sits on it often when she comes out of her den. Just sort of trundles up to it untill it's right under her and settles. I have moved it around thinking it was in her way or something. Only to have her go directly to it. It's not wamer then the substrate. It's just a clear smooth red plastic heart. That and she lounges on her thermometer a good bit.

--

genious_gr, I don't have a bit of problem getting her in and out when I want to. The mouth of the tub is six inches wide. I have plenty of room to work. Even if she were in her burrow I wouldn't have a problem moving her.
I set it up for her to burrow There. As his tunnel is a three inch piece of clear plastic tubing ( that used to be part of a yard long tube full of gumballs the twins got at the holidays). I cut a good length, partialy burried it in the substrat with the end at the side of the container so we can see her anytime we want. I loosly stuffed it with more substrate and left a hollow at the end to let her get started.
She hollowed it completely out. Leaving us clear viewing of her.
And I did test moving it. With her in it. All I have to do is slip a cap over either end. Lift it free. put it in another tube, or aquareum or what ever, reburry it and uncap the ends again. T moved, T happy, T still has comfy burrow.
And not to stressed about the move.
When I got a new tub. Willy's original one had a crack inthe bottom but it was useful for starts. This is how I moved her. From one to the other and she showed no stress over it whatsoever. I uncapped her ends, tossed a cricket in and she came out and chomped it as if she had not a care in the world that she was in a new tub.