1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Ecuador - March 08

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by barabootom, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Advertisement
    Thanks for all the nice comments about photos. Please feel free to use these photos at no cost if you have a need and give me credit for taking the photo. I compressed these a lot for download time so if you need higher resolution pm me. :D

2. Veneficus

Veneficus Arachnobaron

Thanks for the information for your Costa Rica trip! The website looks fantastic! I will definitely check it out!

3. pato_chacoana

pato_chacoana Arachnoangel

Great pics!!! What a place! We should all get there before it's gone :(
    Those terrestrials are looking kinda Megaphobema velvetosoma, not Pamphobeteus.

best regards,

Pato.

4. ftorres

ftorres Arachnobaron Old Timer

Hello,
    Thanks for sharing the pics, they are great!!!!

The first grasshopper is a Proscopid sp.
    Very cool inverts to see.
    The beetles are really nice too
    the Golopha pizarro is nice and big,nice male.
    The tiger beetle is nice too.

the millis are also fantastic as well as the phasmid.

regards

francisco

5. ftorres

ftorres Arachnobaron Old Timer

Hello

Bao Bao trees are huge and amaizing to see in real life.

thanks for sharing.

francisco

6. Dorcus

Dorcus Arachnosquire Old Timer

NJ
    I believe the butterfly to be a Morpho achilles

7. dangriga

dangriga Arachnosquire

This is a Proscopia spec.

8. evil_educator

evil_educator Arachnoknight Old Timer

omg the tree is super huge.

9. The photos are brill, they bring back fond memories of when I went to the same region in Sept 2001. I especially remember that certain ant, Over there they are called bullet ants and for good reason, when youve been bit by one, it feels like youve been shot "not a nice experience to be bit by these" ! !:eek: . The overall flora and fawna as to be seen to be believed, it is like been on another planet, the way some plain looking trees can host some of the largest, most beautifull plants. As for the animal life, I could go on for ages, I found it quite a buzz tickling the Ts out of there burrows to look at .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.