Ecuador - March 08

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for all the nice comments about photos. Please feel free to use these photos at no cost if you have a need and give me credit for taking the photo. I compressed these a lot for download time so if you need higher resolution pm me. :D

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Veneficus,
You would love Costa Rica. We had a great trip when we went. Here is a photo of a massive tree just to wet your appetite. :)

We stayed at a very rustic and inexpensive place in Río Celeste (Spanish only - one of the 5 places we visited in Costa Rica) and they were super to us so I made them a business card and put this page up for them as a way to say thanks. It's focus isn't invertebrates but it will give you an idea of what there is to see.

http://www.spanishspanish.com/rioceleste

Costa Rica is a definite have to go also. :}
Thanks for the information for your Costa Rica trip! The website looks fantastic! I will definitely check it out!

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great pics!!! What a place! We should all get there before it's gone :(
Those terrestrials are looking kinda Megaphobema velvetosoma, not Pamphobeteus.

best regards,

Pato.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello,
Thanks for sharing the pics, they are great!!!!

The first grasshopper is a Proscopid sp.
Very cool inverts to see.
The beetles are really nice too
the Golopha pizarro is nice and big,nice male.
The tiger beetle is nice too.

the millis are also fantastic as well as the phasmid.

regards

francisco

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Veneficus,
You would love Costa Rica. We had a great trip when we went. Here is a photo of a massive tree just to wet your appetite. :)

We stayed at a very rustic and inexpensive place in Río Celeste (Spanish only - one of the 5 places we visited in Costa Rica) and they were super to us so I made them a business card and put this page up for them as a way to say thanks. It's focus isn't invertebrates but it will give you an idea of what there is to see.

Hello

Bao Bao trees are huge and amaizing to see in real life.

thanks for sharing.

francisco

evil_educator

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Veneficus,

omg the tree is super huge.

leswatson

Arachnopeon
The photos are brill, they bring back fond memories of when I went to the same region in Sept 2001. I especially remember that certain ant, Over there they are called bullet ants and for good reason, when youve been bit by one, it feels like youve been shot "not a nice experience to be bit by these" ! !:eek: . The overall flora and fawna as to be seen to be believed, it is like been on another planet, the way some plain looking trees can host some of the largest, most beautifull plants. As for the animal life, I could go on for ages, I found it quite a buzz tickling the Ts out of there burrows to look at .