eats eats eats

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i know about all of you have heard this before....but i felt like posting anyway. My little L. parahybana is an eating machine...she is about 3" and she eats like a horse. I just cannot wait until she gets HUGE!

Does anyone have pics of their juvie or adult L. parahybanas?

Later

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
lots...here you go!

this is Talon, my sub adult male

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Talon again

he was sitting on top of the skull, but of course, he moved when I went to take the pic!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here's Nightmare

she's close to 8"..but very calm and handleable, if I don't mind taking a shower afterwards!

Last edited:

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha

i can see that you must really like to hold your L. parahybanas b/c like you said in my other post that the hairs get to you pretty bad. Thanx for the pics! I cannot wait until mine gets like that and i can show her off.....lol.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pics Immortal.

Well, I guess I really should put this spider on my list of species to acquire. I have been hesitant to do so, because I just don't think that this species is all that attractive (as far as coloration/markings) are concerned. But I want a mastadon! I just don't think that my geniculata will be quite big enough to fit the bill, and I don't want to deal with a Theraphosa's hairs, and I don't think that anything else will fit the bill.

Jon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
LOL! Well, don't think he's quite large enough to feed on a human, but you never know!
My big girl, Nightmare, is eating an unwanted jumbo mouse right now, my snake must be going to shed. So, I was hesitant to give that large of a mouse to anyone, then I thought of her. She is sitting on top of it now, enjoying her mousy milkshake!

Last edited:

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Here's my 2" parahybana. These pics were taken about 8 hours after she molted.
She's currently hiding out after doing a ton of landscaping. Hell, if I'd have known she preferred hills I would have saved her the trouble and make the hills for her. ;)

Leanne