Eating/Fasting with tarantulas

LucioArgento211

Arachnopeon
So Ive had my Avic Avic for around a week now and it has shown no sings of interest in any food items or liquid at all. I have tried several different sizes of crickets, and I've even tried tong feeding, and nothing. I haven't handled her much since I've recieved her. Actually, I haven't handled her at all in a few days. While she shows no signs of impairment from lack of food/water, I'm still concerned with the long term well-being of my T. Is there anything that can be done to encourage a T like this to eat or drink? Also, I don't think she is nearing a moult, as she is pretty brightly colored. Any responses are great! Thanks :cool:

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she will eat and drink when she pleases. The same as it is long term.. People tend to stray away from powerfeeding.. I powerfeed (feeding an excessive amount of food in a short period of time) my slings so they grow a little faster and all but that's about it..

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
A week is nothing. They will go months sometimes. Might need to molt before it will accept any food/prey. Just make sure you keep a small dish of water so it can stay hydrated if need be.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Aviculara Aviculara sling didn't show the usual signs that my terrestrials did when it was ready to molt, the only similarities were that it didn't want to eat. Now the sling was only a 3rd instar so it didn't barracade it's self into it's web, but once it was ready to molr, it hung from the top of the container and three hours later when i looked at her she was out. If it tags it's food and runs, then it is probably ready to molt.