Dune Scorpion

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I was thinking about getting a Dune Scorpion 1/2" Are they good for a beginner scorp? venom? how to keep them? Thanks!

James

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess they are beginner scorpion and I was told they have mild venom but not dangerous I keep mine on dry sand but I moist the sand 3 times a week.. They are very active when it's night time, it's fun to watch them dig. I feed this little one 6 pinheads per week.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

Originally posted by Theraposa
I guess they are beginner scorpion and I was told they have mild venom but not dangerous I keep mine on dry sand but I moist the sand 3 times a week.. They are very active when it's night time, it's fun to watch them dig. I feed this little one 6 pinheads per week.
did you get yours from kelly swift? pic? any more info? Thanks!

James

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you want to see a pic of the scorpion in two different color morphs, check out www.goldenphoenixexotica.com . Smeringus mesaensis is commonly referred to as "dune scorpion". They have the best specimen I have seen, as their coloration, or lack thereof, makes them a very impressive scorpion for visual purposes. www.swiftinverts.com also carries this scorpion, but, as for the coloration of their usual specimen, they carry the color of a light yellow, rather than clear. I know the previous reply knows what they look like, but in the case that not everyone here does, I posted this. The clear morph (ghost morph) scorp is probably my fav as far as the color morph of this scorp goes... and a most attractive scorp it is.

later,
edw.

Last edited:

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah.. I've got it from Kelly.. I used the cap top of the vial as a home for my Dune scorpion... I keep mine around 75-80 degree
here's a picture of it..

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And a great scorpion...beautifull,beautifull,beautifull...that's all I have to say... I wish I had one :rolleyes: ..makes a great background hehe