Dubia Roaches

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I hate these things I only buy the sexed adults, they don't hide and get ate quickly.

I use red runners ( Blatta lateralis)

they never hide at any size and my Ts love em!!!!

Phases

Arachnoknight
I need to try these red runners ! They sound like quite the hit.

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They must be. Been looking at ebay UK for lobster roaches and only a few pop up. Most folks are trying to sell off masses of dubias and red runners.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They must be. Been looking at ebay UK for lobster roaches and only a few pop up. Most folks are trying to sell off masses of dubias and red runners.
Aren't lobster roaches the ones that can climb smooth surfaces? I suppose you can take measures to stop them but I'd be even more paranoid about those escaping.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I hate these things I only buy the sexed adults, they don't hide and get ate quickly.
I use red runners ( Blatta lateralis)
they never hide at any size and my Ts love em!!!!
In your area you're less likely to have an infestation where you live over where we live so the B.lats are a better option for you then us. I wouldn't recommend dubias (much less B.lats) to anyone living in FL (even if it were not illegal to have them there) because the climate would make it easy for them to thrive were they to get loose. I don't want to have to find a place for my Ts while I battle a roach infestation in my house.

If a roach escapes my wife will murder me. Death to Phases.
Well as you are in my temperate zone I'd recommend the dubias. Your a lot less likely to get an infestation from them and they have high water requirements so the escapees are more likely to die quicker.

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aren't lobster roaches the ones that can climb smooth surfaces? I suppose you can take measures to stop them but I'd be even more paranoid about those escaping.
True, true. I had a bunch of them years ago and they made me paranoid. At the mo I'm sitting on a tub of dubias, waiting for it to explode, but I've had thoughts about testing something with climbers. Hence checking them out on ebay.