Dubia Roaches Set Up

lifeis2evil

Arachnopeon
Hello :) I've wondering what would be the best set up for D. roaches. I saw this which I loved but is it clean? Or would the cork boards need to be replaced often? I have 2 large bins. 1 for babies and 1 for grown ups and have been using cardboard + fast food cup holders. Also has anyone thought of using Styrofoam + grout like some have done for rep set ups? ty

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep it simple.

I use a Sterlite tub, no substrate, and eggcrate stacked on end to allow waste to fall out. I keep a dish of water crystals, and feed oranges, apples, and other fruits & veggies .
There is always a feeder full of food as well:

http://www.tarantulas.us/forums/showthread.php?t=16139

I keep mine fairly dry, so there is no problem with mold. I fill the feeder, and let it run out.

All sizes are kept together with no issues.

lifeis2evil

Arachnopeon
How often do you have to throw out the egg crates? And does anyone know any place I could get them for cheap?

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My colony is less than a year old. I have not needed to replace them yet.

We buy eggs in the cardboard type cartons and use those. Have the family save theirs too. Toilet paper and paper towel tubes work, just not as well. I flatten the tubes a bit. They seem to like it better that way.
I have seen the flats for sale here, and through other online sources. Some people also pick them up at the grocery store when they are being thrown out.