Dream Ts

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is there any Ts you've always wanted ever since you first discovered the hobby but for some reason or another never ended up getting? When I first became an enthusiast I always thought it would be a blast to own an A. geniculata or a GBB and said I would, when I got a little more experience, get one (or BOTH:D) of those. The months, and then years, went by and I went from a common (and docile) rosea and other "beginner-level" species like an Avic, a B. smithi, etc. then to more "intermediate" stuff like Lasiodora and a Nhandu coloratovillosus, semi-advanced stuff like T. blondi and P. irminia, then "hot" stuff like OBTs and a P. regalis (the regalis I particularly adore; best Christmas gift I ever got thus far!). It's been a few years now since I got into the hobby, and I still haven't obtained either an A. genic or a GBB. Ironically though, the N. coloratovillosus I bought was originally labeled "white knee," which I assumed meant A. geniculata. It later molted into an MM:wall:.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Obtaining several Ts of various care levels (a "beginner" would be a G. rosea/B. smithi, an "intermediate" would be something like Lasiodora, and "advanced" would be about anything from OW.) and species, but never got any particular T you've wanted since day one?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'll take, Back in the early 90's when I began seriously considering keeping NW tropicals I was floored by some info and pics I saw of P. antinous- not positive now that the identification in said material was correct, though. Not long after that I saw a pic of B boehmei and decided I had to get one of those, too. Well, years later and I've got 2 large subadult boehmeis- but still no Pamphobeteus. It'll happen eventually. That P vespertinus and Phormictopus sp purple posted by Anastasia recently looked awesome, too!

I guess you could say my dream spiders= Those I hope to get- no exact order are:

1. B auratum or albiceps small/juvy female.
2. G iheringi as above
3. Theraphosa burgundy " (no more w/c)
4. Pamphobeteus sp undecided (more than likely 2 or more :)).
5. C schioedtei or big black one Syndicate recently posted successful breeding and pics of.
6. MF G pulchra for Scotty. He's on the bottom shelf for now!
7. L.p.- A few fresh young slings to powerfeed! {D

Terry

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
None really. Except that rumored blue terrestrial tarantula from South America.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
p.metallica(got one) so im done :p no really,would love a GBB female.even better having a metallica and GBB breeding wharehouse full of em.:drool:i loooove bluuuue:rolleyes:

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since the beginning, I have always wanted a Xenesthis species and just never got around to it until recently, with a X. intermedia.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll take, Back in the early 90's when I began seriously considering keeping NW tropicals I was floored by some info and pics I saw of P. antinous- not positive now that the identification in said material was correct, though. Not long after that I saw a pic of B boehmei and decided I had to get one of those, too. Well, years later and I've got 2 large subadult boehmeis- but still no Pamphobeteus. It'll happen eventually. That P vespertinus and Phormictopus sp purple posted by Anastasia recently looked awesome, too!
Makes me feel a bit bad for getting a female P. antinous that I never intended to get for free.

When I was new to the hobby, I was astonished that people kept Theraphosa species. I tried it myself once, but the spiderling died on me within a day. I'd still like to keep one, but I realized I'd likely misstep and kill it at some point, so I'm holding off on that indefinitely.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I have always wanted a Theraphosa blondi. I got one but ended up being a burgundy. Now on my wish list is the X. immanis, T. blondi, P. metallica, P. subfusca lowland. Also M. robustum as my most desired at the moment. Oh and a M. balfouri too :cool:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The day I started in the hobby I made a list of about 20 T's I wanted (must have so to speak) and SLOOOOOWLY I checked everything off that list.

Patience, Time and MONEY will get you your dream T's{D

PIG-

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
The day I started in the hobby I made a list of about 20 T's I wanted (must have so to speak) and SLOOOOOWLY I checked everything off that list.

Patience, Time and MONEY will get you your dream T's{D

PIG-
WOW WARPIG!! That was post 666 for you!!! ;P Yeah if i had a "list" I would be spending too much money.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Any avic(preferably bruanshauseni,urticans.or minatrix).
or
Psalm Cambridgei
psalm irminia
psalm pulcher
poec. pederseni
c.fasciatum
haplopelma longpipes
aphonopelma (you name it)
Ephobopus murinus
b.vagans
b.emilia
c.fimbrautus
c.andersoni
cyriocosmus ritae
h.gigas
l.difficilus

Now I have to dig up the rest of my list.:D

Dal

Arachnopeon
Schizopelma sp. “Tanzeri”
Euathlus sp. "Blue"
Hapalopus sp. "Colombia"
Avicularia diversipes
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Cyriocosmus bertae
Cyriocosmus chicoi
Chilobrachys fimbriatus

and many more
{D

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So here's my wish list!
A. versicolor -check
A. minatrix
A. huriana
A. metallica
A. geniculata
B. smithi - check
B. boehmei RCF
B. vagans
G. rosea RCF
M. peterklaasi
P. cambridgei - check
P. irminia
P. pulcher
P. metallica
P. metallica DCF
P. regalis
P. subfusca

Maybe I forgot one or two :D

Last edited:

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There's nothing I really want, I kinda see it like it buy it type of person so don't have a wish-list as such but as a rule I always buy plain brown dull looking Tarantulas :)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My holy grail is a B. epicureanum - I'm starting to wonder if there really is such a thing, or if it's just a legend, you know, like unicorns and bigfoots (bigfeet? :?)

Also, and I've got nobody to blame but myself on this one, I'd one day like to have a G. rosea.

p.s. A GBB I got, and I highly recommend that you go getcherself one, immediately if not sooner!;)

Last edited: