dream pet store... i found you at last!

web eviction

Arachnolord
So I always tell my girl I wish I could find a per store that kept more then rosies and pinktoes, so yesterday I was playing online and stumbled across a web sight for house of reptiles so I decided to check it out and they claimed to have hundreds of reptiles and a few inverts so I got directions and set out on my 70 mile adventure lol day off nothing better to do why not right? Finally arrive and the place looks tiny at this point disappointmenthas begun to set in I open the door and the place is huge they got everything from alligators to a king cobra! Wow after looking for what seemed like forever I bumped into an employee and said show me the inverts please he directed me to a large dark cabinet and they had hundreds of T's ! Most were slings but a lot were mature as well and all sexed! As the owner later explained he is a breeder! They also had many scorpions centipedes and millipedes whip scorpions just had everything so I picked up my new obt female for 15.00 $ and plan on headed back pay day!

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, sounds like a well kept secret in the neighborhood! Have fun with your new OBT! Let us know what you get on payday.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its always fun to find specialty stores you didn't know about, but you may enjoy the pricings online better. it really depends on the situations and the store's markup. i can usually haggle at both of mine, so sometimes its worth it compared to say a $26 shipping fee when i don't have over $100 to spend when i make an order.

regardless, its fun to have someone in the hobby to talk to in person! i like being able to hear tarantula names being pronounced properly in person, since i'm pretty bad at mangling latin. let us know what else you end up buying there!

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thinking I'm gonna pick up a few L. Parahybana slings for 7.00 each
good choice. i love LPs because of their fast growth rate, propensity for feeding and the fact you have a fair chance of getting an individual that rarely hides. and they are super cheap so you can buy more than one and not have the price kill you :)

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that place sounds awesome! Congrats on the new addition too. I do invert shopping online now since the stores around here are generally rosea and avic. places as well. Plus if they get anything different in, they are very expensive (as are all the tanks and accessories.) Except for one, they do however keep what they DO have very well which I appreciate, and it is always nice to hear stories of good stores.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I wish there was a store like that up here in massachusetts.
Back when I lived in texas there were a few that had an amazing spread of T's (back before i was in the hobby- but was still fascinated with them...and poor to boot!)
When I go to visit my sister I might pick some up and ship them to myself.

Although..there has to be an exotic petstore somewhere in MA, I just havent found it yet!