Down boy!

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. rosea sling keeps getting freaked out, I've never seen it go into a threat display, but it flicks hairs at random moments with no warning and then just spirals into a bad mood from there. When this happens I'll be taking a dead cricket out of the cage or changing the water. I try to be as undisruptive as possible but it just flips out at random moments. Is there a way to calm it down a bit or what?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thats wierd. I dont know what would calm him down. Total darkness maybe but if hes in a place thats always lit...and then again, they need light and dark dont they ?:?

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How sensitive are tarantulas to light? I read somewhere that they won't get freaked out by lights, mine's sort of near a window, so when the light's off in my bedroom he still has some light from the window. Maybe the crickets could be stressing him? Last time I opened the lid the cricket hopped out (another one lost in my room:mad: ) I didn't put another one in, to see if that would help. The crickets don't go near the T if they can help it though.