cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
look up posts by Mikhail F. Bagaturov

hopefully i spelled either the first or last name right

but he is this cool russian dude that talked about that before

omni

Arachnobaron
I tried translating the page at http://babel.altavista.com/tr could only use babelfish one paragraph at a time, it took a lot of copy/pasting. While not a perfect trans, you can understand it pretty well. pretty neat!
Such you, I think, they did not see! We decided to scrape Brachypelma albopilosum (female) and Brachypelma vagans (male). To generally make this in all "decent spider clubs" is categorically forbidden, but first whether from something to make, then is simple from the mood, we committed this "crime". Pairing passed very simply, as if this was one and the same form.

The female in two months successfully rolled up cocoon. After five weeks of successful and natural incubation, we took away cocoon and decided it to reveal yes, I will add, during breeding Of ptitseyedov it is best anything cocoon not to leave to female to the removal of young spiders. This is done for the fact that the female did not eat it. But this can occur, if at least one egg rots, and female will feel smell, then you be assured, cocoon will be eaten.

After revealing cocoon, we ascertained that the larvas of the first stage there has already been located, left they for further development. This is done very simply, you place the revealed cocoon into the separate plastic container with the moist napkin, as if this was simply young spider. Larvas, after molting second time, were returned to Dmitriy Chernov, by the way also inveterate pauchishnik. Here it that revealed this "miracle of nature". In one spider was two abdomens. First we thought that it will perish, but we was mistaken.

Ptitseyed is successfully faded, greatly even it fed rather well, on the turn eating till full the one, then another abdomen. It was very amusingly observe, as it will spin a web, being moved forward, two parallel to thread cobwebs were pulled after it.

Now he already decent sizes, itself feels rather well. We already determined, what this is female in two abdomens: -)! However, which nevertheless occurred, there remains only to surmise. To us proposed "bourgeois" to them it to sell, also, for the not bad money, but we the patriots of its country, let this miracle remain in our Russia! : -))))

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A couple members on these boards have double-abdomen Ts, slings.

I believe CedrikG has/had a double-adbdomen Pterinochilus murinus sling and Tarcan has a double-abdomen Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that's definitly amazing:clap: just think if you can breed the spider,double tushies.........double the eggsacs{D

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
^Thanks folks.:D

It's amazing how these tarantulas, although considered somewhat "deformed," are still gorgeous.:worship:

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Non-Genetic

Unfortunately, it's unlikely to be genetic.

These types of defect tend to be associated with a split in the early-stage embryo which is not complete. There are few true mutations which lead to incomplete separation of twinning like this.

Ph4nToM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You'd think the guy would have alot of trouble moulting, guess not. Very cool.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool! It's like double webbers :D Beauty of Ts as stated by someone else is that they look great even with 2 abdomens. Reminds me of a twin turbo setup on a car...hahahhaha. {D

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Kind of fortunate the OBT ended up with a double abdomen, rather than double the amount of legs. Can you imagine more legs chasing after you? {D