do's and don'ts for live plants in tarantula enclosure?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Heather needs very high light, which, while not necessarily detrimental to a T, is not something people generally provide. It probably expects a winter dormancy with a hard freeze as well. I don't think it's likely to do well.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
As in Calluna vulgaris? That's one big plant. Usually grows up to 3 feet tall and loves to spread out. Can't imagine it being cajoled into being dwarfed for a terrarium.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I choosed them based on my enclosures, and knowing how their needs will affect the enclosure.

I mean, I wouldn't put a native plant because it is native, because maybe this plant requeriments will trow some other values way out of the range of the Ts habitat values. That plant won't act the same in one enclosure or outside of it. because maybe it is increasing inside humidity to suffocating levels.

Choose non very water dependant plants for humid species, and non water dependant ones for "arid" ones. A water dependant plant could soak the substrate very easily, add to this a low vented enclosure and you will end with a dead T.