Don't try this at home!!!!!!!! Please?

Arachnos

Arachnopeon
My reasoning behind why I do not mind when my Poecs crawl out on me is that I did not make them do it. If it was forced interaction then it would most likely be irritated and more apt to bite me. I have had all of my Poecs at one time or another on my arm. 2 regalis, a striata, a metallica and I just picked up a subfusca. I am super careful when it happens and super still. I have yet to be bitten and trust, I am sure the day it happens all the handling stops. My reasoning could be a little 'confused' but they are always legging it when they crawl out and seem more intrigued then angry. If they teleported on to me it would be another story and I would probably have a heart attack. :eek:

Just as a side note I have had some major tests to my body. I have sat in a fire ant colony(on accident) when I was a toddler taking hundreds of bites and had no adverse reaction, also fell in a rotted out log containing a wood hornets nest in my late teens getting mauled for 15 mins and taking hundreds of stings. Still no adverse reaction and had the doctors scratching thier heads, they thought I should have died. Probably the main reason I am not afraid of a medically significant spider bite. I know it will hurt like hell but that is as far as it will go I am pretty sure. ;)

Last edited:

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i cant wait until i get a camera so i can make videos, this girl is mean and skiddish, when i clean her cage i have to remove the shells from the dubia roaches out , sounds easy!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the real problem is she likes to leave them in her corkbark tube, bummer, i maneged to get out three with my hemostats , the fourth i dropped and hit her and she jetted out the tube onto the cage lid onto my 'crotch', i almost pee'd right then, but i just did so before i started,(thank god) she is a big girl , i really love the purple she has, this weekend i get to try this with my Poecilotheria Rufilata,,,,,, i love pokies , right until the time i have to clean their cage or remodel their cage .....i kinda put it off too long ..... wish me luck