"Don't bother with a water dish"

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Ooohhh man I woulda puked losing a Hector and a p mossy!!!!!!! Poor little guys
I cried , screamed , cried again and then i puked. Still hurts me many years later
It was several of each specie that were dead the next morning after filling their tiny waterbowls

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Would you please be able to give details on how you provided the right parameters to get your Hadrurus to successfully moult?
Sure :)
I used play sand , aquarium gravel , excavator clay , coco peat mixed with little bits of cork bark and chips of broken seashells mixed into the substrate. I used seashells for hides as well as 3/4 of a clear solo cup buried in the substrate with tiny holes poked into the top side for moisture to run down into and build up inside creating a " humidity dome"
I cover the top of the cup with coco+ sand and pour a small amount of water directly on the sub so it soaked in and stayed in the cup but dried up fairly quick on the surface. Also id like to add the fact that although i didnt use a waterbowl directly - the side of their tank that i would mist also had various rocks and seashells to catch small amounts of water which was essentially their " waterbowls" but these small amounts would dry up in the matter of hours. Every time i would mist their tank - theyd run to it like a dog runs to their dish when they here the food hitting the bowl !
Heres an older pic of 1 of my communal tanks of hadrurus ( yes i did indeed keep many communal tanks of hadrurus with only a couple deaths out of hundreds kept this way) photo.PNG

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Oh man! I can only imagine the sight of that.... I'd be so depressed, I'm removing mine as we speak lol.... just housed the plani's, no dishes

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I never use water caps with babies, tropical or desert species, had bad experiences with both but I found out the bad way that tropical species take longer to drown, makes sense they would. But when they are big enough not to fall in and drown, I use caps, I also catch myself misting but not often. I reason I offer a cap of water is that some species, especially hadogenes tend to gorge themselves with water if they are at the right stage to, I'm not sure what's going on there other than saving for not a rainy day but dry ones, other times they won't touch it. It's hard to give them that much water by only misting. What might be good also is something like a rock with a shallow depression in it, water there won't last long there though. But hey, it's all water, people do what works.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
Sure :)
I used play sand , aquarium gravel , excavator clay , coco peat mixed with little bits of cork bark and chips of broken seashells mixed into the substrate. I used seashells for hides as well as 3/4 of a clear solo cup buried in the substrate with tiny holes poked into the top side for moisture to run down into and build up inside creating a " humidity dome"
I cover the top of the cup with coco+ sand and pour a small amount of water directly on the sub so it soaked in and stayed in the cup but dried up fairly quick on the surface. Also id like to add the fact that although i didnt use a waterbowl directly - the side of their tank that i would mist also had various rocks and seashells to catch small amounts of water which was essentially their " waterbowls" but these small amounts would dry up in the matter of hours. Every time i would mist their tank - theyd run to it like a dog runs to their dish when they here the food hitting the bowl !
Heres an older pic of 1 of my communal tanks of hadrurus ( yes i did indeed keep many communal tanks of hadrurus with only a couple deaths out of hundreds kept this way) View attachment 242028
Interested to know what the guy at the back is actually doing lol

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
So he backed himself all the way into a corner bent himself fully ass over tit in anger that's hilarious!!